Options

Maxx Fan Troubleshooting

Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
Anyone have trouble with their Maxx Fan? I've done a search on this forum and haven't seen anything. I got my fan installed about 2 years ago to replace the broken original fan in my 2007 DM T@B. Everything has been fine until this afternoon when it started beeping. It wouldn't turn off and none of the controls worked. The only way I could get it to stop was to pull the fuse. But when I put the fuse back in, it acted up again, beeping and spontaneously opening and closing. I might need a new control board from what I see on the Internet. I'm in hot and humid Florida and I think it might be related to humidity. Though I've been in humidity before with no problems. Does anyone know how I can simply disconnect the fan until I can figure out what to do? The only thing that keeps it from acting up is to run the Cool Cat to take moisture out of the air (I assume that is the benefit). The fuse controls both fan and AC so just leaving it out is not an option. Any insights?
Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
"Travels With The Tiny"

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    This past summer we had some work done and they left the Alde display, AC and Maxx fan turned on when they disconnected power.  When we plugged back in, we of course had blown the Alde fuse, the AC turned on and the fan was emitting a high pitched noise.  We turned off everything, changed the Alde fuses, and pushed some buttons on the Maxx Fan (sorry I can't be specific) and the noise went away.  

Which model do you have?  Do you have the manual from their website?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    This past summer we had some work done and they left the Alde display, AC and Maxx fan turned on when they disconnected power.  When we plugged back in, we of course had blown the Alde fuse, the AC turned on and the fan was emitting a high pitched noise.  We turned off everything, changed the Alde fuses, and pushed some buttons on the Maxx Fan (sorry I can't be specific) and the noise went away.  

Which model do you have?  Do you have the manual from their website?
    Thank you for responding! I have the Maxx Fan 5100 and have the installation instructions. I'll look for the manual online and see if there is any troubleshooting section. And I'll call them tomorrow. Thank you!
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    Another thought: I wonder if it's related to batteries dying batteries in the remote? I misplaced the remote and haven't seen it in at least 6 months. I hope to see it again someday. Maybe if the batteries were dying it would cause the unit to malfunction at least temporarily. Hoping.
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    The sensor on the fan communicates with the remote, so that is a possibility.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    If I remember right, the Maxx fan is installed into its frame with just 4 screws.

As a last resort, you could get a ladder, pull the fan, and unplug it, and reinstall it, till the new one comes.

Also, I think I remember that the company has a very helpful tech support line.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    If I remember right, the Maxx fan is installed into its frame with just 4 screws.

As a last resort, you could get a ladder, pull the fan, and unplug it, and reinstall it, till the new one comes.

Also, I think I remember that the company has a very helpful tech support line.
    Thank you!
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    It has stopped for now. I'll call the company in the morning. Thanks for the responses!

"Travels With The Tiny"