Options

On-The-Road Communications

FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
Chris & Cherie of the Mobile Internet Resource Center have just announced a re-design of their website. It looks pretty cool. It is just my opinion, of course, but I have found them the best all-round resource for communications for RVing and mobile living. You can get their basic information for free by signing up for their newsletter, or become a paying member for very detailed information. They do their homework and actually use a lot of new products from various manufacturers to road test and review them. They live in a very high tech modified bus and are on the road as full time RVers themselves.

The AT&T hotspot and plan we put in place for our move from Minnesota to Alaska in 2017 got me started in viewing their site. Since we are grandfathered in to the plan we still use it for our internet and phone connections even though we settled and bought a house here in Alaska. It has the added benefit of allowing us to take it with us as we travel around the state. I still check their site for updates on our plan and others to see if we need to change or if we can do better. They cut through a lot of the fog that the various wireless companies spread as they compete for customers.

This is an unsolicited recommendation from me and they have no idea I am posting this on the T@B blog, but I have received so much great information from the T@B blog (I was an RV "newbie" when this all started back in 2015) that I thought I ought to pass this on.

Here is their site: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com

Fergie

Comments