Back board replacement or upgrade?

I guess this kind of fits in this catagory.  My 2016 T@b has the long 1piece rectangular board that covers the heat vent below and also the gycol resevoir.  Ours warped somewhat.  I did a mod and added some baskets in this area.  I cut the board in two and added hinges.  I'd hoped that this would tame the warp.  The boards still don't lay/lie* (whatever) flat.  My question is: would you order replacement from the factory to get the same fit and finished look, but now in the two piece that they use?  Or...  buy a board replacement from Home depot or somewhere and cut it yourself.  The second option would certainly be cheaper.  I'm not sure I could find a replacement that would match the original look.  If I did the factory thing, I'd be hoping to order it and pick it up during the rally, thus ducking the shipping costs.  Thoughts?

* I was taught that chickens lay and people lie down...  I think thats how it goes anyway....
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Hi @TerryV6, I am not sure how many issues there have been with warping radiator covers for the TaB, but I can tell you that our home radiator covers made with MDF have not warped.  Maybe you can find 2 shorter MDF pieces.  Also, not sure what it would cost or how it would hold up with the relatively lower heat of the TaB radiator, but maybe consider 2 shelves covered with Thermofoil?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TerryV6, yea ole woodworker says to order a new board from nüCamp (easiest for the non-woodworking public), and cut it to the size needed.

ASAP cut it to the size required to your application to keep it from warping. Personally, I cut mine to 3 pieces, which should eliminate any further warping. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”