Options

T@B 400 and Family Camping

Greetings!
My wife and I have decided to buy the T@B 400 - we really like its clean design and the well made craftsmanship.  Having had multiple campers in the past, including a 37 ft 5th wheel, I really appreciate its potential ease of towing.

Although most of our children have moved on to college and their own lives, we still have a 13 year old and 7 year old at home - the seven year old lives with us half the year including Summer.   Do there out there have a family of 4 that you use with the T@B 400?  If so, how successful are you?   We want something that we can manage easily as the kids grow bored with going on camping trips - no more big RVs.

I appreciate any feedback on how y'all make it work or don't!

Comments

• Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    We don't camp with 4 but have had our grown son, 5'11" tall 260 lbs go with us a couple of times and he slept on the dinette with no problem.  I am thinking you might want to get an add on tent for when they are larger. 
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Caseyclan2017, we are a family of 4 and manage in a t@b 320 S. We have had our trailer since 2016 and have travelled about 30,000 miles on it. Besides myself, there is the DH and 2 very growing boys. This summer they will turn 13 and 14. The key to everything working well is organization. Our kids haven't been raised on electronics, so a board game or 2, a deck of cards, rubic cube and an activity book or two have been enough to keep them occupied during long travel days or rainy weather. We also travel with 2 folding, multi-speed bikes for them. As far as our sleeping arrangements go, I sit upright on the bed corner nearest the door and the "men" get the rest of the space. We do not have a side tent, and none is in our future plans. Our longest vacation was slightly over 6 weeks, so it really promotes a special family togetherness and tolerance.
    With a trailer as large as the 400, once you get the major arrangements decided, most everything falls into place.
    Welcome to the forum. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Caseyclan2017Caseyclan2017 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the feedback!   Its promising that you were able to endure camping with 4 in a 320!  The 320 is a nice looking trailer