One Year 1st Owner Warranty

This discussion was created from comments split from: 2019 Tab 400 For Sale. $27,500.

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The factory warranty is only for the original buyer from one year from delivery. It is non-transferable. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ccrider098ccrider098 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2019
    I guess I will have to call back the factory and double check. I called NuCamp this afternoon and spoke to the warranty dept. and they told me it is one year from date purchased even if sold to another person. The warranty is on the camper, not the owner. Will post back as soon as I talk to them. I removed "Still under factory warranty" from the title until I can call the factory back on Monday to verify.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    This is what the manual states:

"Limited Warranty

nüCamp RV warrants to the original end user purchaser (“Owner”) of this Camper, to be free of defects in materials and workmanship and for structural integrity, under normal use, with reasonable care and maintenance, for one (1) year from the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”), subject to the exclusions given below..."

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• ccrider098ccrider098 Member Posts: 15
    Here is the e-mail I sent to Nucamp warranty dept Saturday:

To:warranty@nucamprv.com
    Mar 2 at 8:52 AM

Good Morning,

I am selling my 2019 Tab 400 that I purchased 9/20/2018. I called up the NuCamp warranty dept. on Friday and asked specifically if I sell my Tab 400 if the remainder of the 1 year NuCamp warranty is still good for the new owner until 9/2019. I was told yes. The warranty is good for 1 year and not just for the original owner.

I listed my camper for sale on the Tab forum and was told by an admin  that the warranty is not transferrable. Could you please let me know which it is.

Thank You,

John 

Here is the e_mail I received this morning:

warranty <warranty@nucamprv.com>
    To:John
    Mar 4 at 7:48 AM

Good morning John,

Our one-year limited warranty is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining duration of the warranty period.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Emily

So it is still under warranty until September so you can buy with confidence you are getting a great camper!

I sent an email to the warranty department at nüCamp, asking for a clarification as to Scott Hubble’s statement from September of 2015 saying there was no transferable warranty, and the answer given to @ccrider098 this morning.

I now have a clarification. IF you purchase the 3 year structural warranty at the time of purchase, THAT and only that extendwarranty is transferable. The one year factory warranty is NOT transferable. I’m sorry, but the one year warranty on @ccrider098 T@B 400 is not transferable. 

Here is a paste and copy from the warranty department:

Good afternoon,

I’m sorry, it appears there was a miscommunication, and wrong information has been relayed.

We offer the 3 year Structural Warranty as Transferrable, however the 1 Year Warranty is not transferrable.

Thanks,

Renee Beach

Warranty Administrator”

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • targtarg Member Posts: 81
    Wait, wha?  There is a 3 year warranty available?  From NuCamp?  Our dealer offered us an extended dealer based warranty, but there was never a mention of an extended warranty from NuCamp.  Dang!  Wish I had known.  Not that it would matter now since I'm 4 months out from purchase date already, but just to make my disappointment even deeper, how much would this warranty have cost me?
    The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT

You’ll need to check with your dealer because I honestly don’t know what the cost is. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Is that 3-year thing really an extended warranty available for purchase from nuCamp at additional cost, or is it just a longer warranty on certain limited structural elements (such as the trailer chassis of camper frame)?
    My guess (and that's all it is) is it's the latter. It may even be linked to a warranty provided by the original frame manufacturer.
    2015 T@B S
    @ScottG, I remember seeing it on the order sheet I had, but since I wasn’t interested, I asked for no information on it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2019
    Unless I am missing something .   The three year structure warranty is referring to the frame of the trailer.    I assume it is  the trailers cabin framing and structure as the trailer base frame is covered by another manufactures warranty. 

While you can purchase an extended service agreement this isn't what nucamp is talking about
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods