Options

Honda 2200i generator recall FYI

Comments

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I've been waiting for some time to get one.  I'll just have to keep waiting.

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    jpi68jpi68 Member Posts: 80
    I purchased one before I saw this notice. My serial number matches the list of affected units. I bought mine from a dealer off of EBay. Not sure if he should have known. If you read the notice posted here it sounds a little sketchy. I  went to Honda’s website and there was no recall for the EU2200i listed. However, All of a sudden there were very few Honda EU 2200s for sale, and those that were listed for sale we’re going for a ridiculously high price, indicating to me that there was something going on.  I will be calling Honda next week to see if I can get any info....
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    I had forgotten to register my affected unit. @jpi68 Just go to https://powerequipment.honda.com/registration and see if it goes through. Thanks @Sharon_is_SAM for the post. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    You bet!  I was not sure if this was the model that everyone talked about or not, so I posted it anyway.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
     I spoke with Honda  Power Equipment  a few days ago. As Sam posted Honda released a stop sales notice to the dealers, and  subsequently have sent a draft of their recall notice to the consumer protection agency for approval of the wording. They are now waiting for the Consumer Protection Agency to get back with them on the appropriate wording. Once they have the correct  wording they are going to release a recall. The people at Honda Power Equipment gave me the name and number of the dealer nearest to me and said that I should contact them to get on their list so as soon as the recall went out that I could be notified. 
  • Options
     The recall has been issued, it is officially on the Hondapower Equipment website, in their  recall section.  I took my generator to a local Honda shop, however Honda has not yet released the proper parts to make the correction. The dealer has tried to order the parts several times but it shows up as backordered with no time given for when the parts will be available.  We’re getting ready to start camping season I hope the parts come soon. 
  • Options
    I've been trying to buy a new EU2200i but haven't been able to because of the stop sale order.  I finally placed an order with Northern Tool.  They said it should ship in about 3-4 weeks.  I guess there are over 300 orders in front of me.  The wait will be well worth it though.   Also waiting on a LowPro LockDown tray from Orbital Machine works to secure it to the A-frame.  
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Does the 2200i run at 1800w constant like the 2000i runs at 1600w constant? It seems like a small difference, but for the small trailer industry, it really is helpful.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Yes, the continuous rated power is 1800 watts (15 amps @ 120 vac).  I believe that continuous operation is considered to be over 30 minutes, but I cannot find that specification now.  The EU2200i is also 2-5 dba quieter than the EU2000i, especially at lower power levels.

Since I am buying a new generator and not upgrading, the 2200 vs the 2000 is a no brainer.  

The “Fuel Off” position allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off. This helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful when storing the generator.

https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu2200i

https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/all-new-eu2200i