Options

Newbie Question - Towing with the Rogue

coffenutcoffenut Member Posts: 2
I apologize for the newbie question here .... but I don't even have a T@B yet <G> and I am trying to prepare. I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue and I see by the specs that it can only tow 1000 lbs. Like an idiot, I didn't check the towing specs when I bought the Rogue after my previous vehicle was totaled. I have had nothing but issues with the Rogue but I am really hoping to hold on to it for another couple of years but I know that the T@B weighs significantly more than $1000 lbs. 

So I guess my question is has anyone here had any issues pulling with the Rogue or does anyone know if there is a way to increase the towing capacity oram I going to have to wait until I can afford to purchase a vehicle that can actually pull the T@B?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    @coffenut, sorry, but you can’t tow a TaB with your Rogue.  Most members prefer a minimum 6 cylinder vehicle with a 3500# tow capacity as a minimum.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Sadly, you know the answer already.  The 320 or T@B starts at 1700-2000lbs, but once you add a couple sacks of green beans, a roaster, two grinders and a three group 24k Slayer espresso machine you're up to 2500lbs.

There are a few cars that can pull 4000lbs, and many mid-sized SUVs that can handle the 200-250lb tongue weight and 2000lb pulling weight...  but not the Rogue.

Not sure if you've stopped by CarMax or equivalent to see what a trade to something heftier would cost you yet..  
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    coffenutcoffenut Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all .... :::grumble mumble grumble ... sigh .... putting on my big girl pants:::: OK .... I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new SUV .... because I AM GOING TO GET A T@B darn it. :-) Seriously. Thank you for the answer. I was hoping against hope but since I am the person that Murphy interviewed for his laws, I was pretty sure the answer was no.
  • Options
    GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    You'll be much happier and more confident towing with a vehicle with heavier tow specs. We upgraded from a Subaru Outback to a V-6 Kia Sorento and found it very worthwhile  
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    The smallest, reasonably priced SUV that has the highest towing capacity might be the Jeep Cheerokee, at 4500lbs (with the larger engine).  But- you will be more than fine with anything rated at 3500lb.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Wooleybear anyone?

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @coffenut we traded our Subaru Outback for a used Toyota Highlander 6 cyl after we ordered our 2017 Tab 320S. It was a really good decision for us. Personally I wouldn’t tow with less than 6 cyl although many do. I read enough on this forum to learn that 1) it’s not only pulling a trailer it’s your ability to control and stop, 2) because you can doesn’t mean you should! Good luck and have fun figuring out which Tab to make yours! I haven’t regretted getting mine for a moment! I’ve got new friends and great memories!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red