2008 TaB SMEV sink keeps stopping up?

Sam452Sam452 Member Posts: 16
edited March 2019 in Products and Accessories
This is likely due to my ignorance, but the SMEV sink, Model MO0911 seemingly drains in its own time, hours later. The drain hose is clear as far as my tests go. I cannot find any website about these sinks to see if there are more instructions. The drain coupling underneath the sink does NOT look to be user friendly and a solid piece of plastic. 
What am I not understanding? thx, sam
T@B CS 2008
States visited with our TB

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Is there a gray tank exhaust on your Dutchman?  If so, blow some air into it to make sure it is clear.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 908
    Do you have anything connected to the drain outlet on the bottom of the trailer?  It is tempting to connect a garden hose to the fitting but it will usually "air lock" and function erratically, if at all.  Try it with just a bucket below the opening.
    The plastic fitting on the bottom of the sink is completely hollow and shouldn't block very easily.  The flex hose leads directly to the outlet pipe fitting beneath.

Have fun, Bob

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I agree with Bob. Running a garden hose to a sewer connection causes very slow draining. I either run a very short hose into a bucket, or run a very short hose with an adapter to a standard sewer hose for draining.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Sam452Sam452 Member Posts: 16
    Thank you, thank you for sharing your experience! I can confirm that I do not have a wastewater tank. My sink is very much like @rfuss928. Running without the hose into a bucket, as @Mouseketab suggests will be the way going forward. 

T@B CS 2008
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 908
    edited March 2019

The little red bucket is just the right height to fit under in most sites and just the right size to fit in the sink during travel.  Its our SOP.
    I also carry a small piece of  "sump pump hose" adapted to fittings for the T@B and site connections that seems to flow without problems.  We have only used it a few times in all our travels.
    You will find a simple set-up that works for you in a couple more trips trips.
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Sam452Sam452 Member Posts: 16
    I'm grateful for sharing your experience!
    T@B CS 2008