Window shade string problem

Carlimmen
Carlimmen Member Posts: 10
Avoid having window shade string problems by not grabbing the outside part of the window shade while operating window shade. Your fingers will grab the string causing it to come loose from the track.

Comments

  • Homebodyatheart
    Homebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,518
    @Carlimmen if you use the search function I’m pretty sure you will find instructions on fixing the strings. I remember this as an issue for someone once. Good advice!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • klenger
    klenger Member Posts: 309
    I have a window that came "unstrung" some time ago and would like to fix it.  If someone has a specific link to the repair instructions, I'd appreciate it.  Someone did post a link to an installation document that I found, but not repair.  Tx
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2024 TaB 400 with all the option packages (full lithium), 
    2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow Package.  
  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,034
    Wasn’t @Mouseketab a resource for that?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Carlimmen
    Carlimmen Member Posts: 10
    Thanks homebody at heart. My wife and I were able to repair it after searching the forum.
  • mjpalmer
    mjpalmer Member Posts: 20
    Hi there.  Where did you find the instructions to fix your window shade?  Our string just broke on our privacy shade for the stargazer window in the back.  Any help would be appreciated :)
  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,034
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • schout
    schout Member Posts: 29
    Thanks!  We had a string come out of the track this weekend!
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander
  • mjpalmer
    mjpalmer Member Posts: 20
    Thanks so much for the info!  Much appreciated :)
  • Mouseketab
    Mouseketab Member Posts: 1,262
    Wasn’t @Mouseketab a resource for that?
    Not me, have had no problems with my shades.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • rbrtm
    rbrtm Member Posts: 34
    Are the strings even necessary? My shade binds up where the strings cross each other