Options

Beautiful but Overwhelming

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Aw @TerryV6.  You and many other's made a sacrifice to the battery gods!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @CJvagabond One good reminder posted on the forum (can’t remember who originated the suggestion) to protect the Alde and other components of your T@B is to be certain you turn everything off before you disconnect from shore power. Likewise, be certain everything is turned off before you connect to the power pedestal at a campsite. That’s common sense and appears on various checklists, but may be forgotten in the rush of excitement about hitting the road for camping adventures!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    As far as the fridge and coolers go:  If my fridge has been on and "pre-cooled" a day before I set out, it works quite well as a cooler all by itself.  I stock it up with some cans or coke or whatever, and when I leave I will toss in some frozen bottles, etc.  It has easily kept things cooled down quite well, and I have no need for an extra cooler.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CJvagabondCJvagabond Member Posts: 38
    Thanks so much for all the help! :) Much appreciated!
    2022 F-150 STX. SE PA and beyond...Christine
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @CJvagabond - Have you been able to venture out of your driveway yet?  Camping season is just starting in our neck of the woods... hope you have some great trips planned.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    dundonsdundons Member Posts: 36
    Here's a page you can print on backing the trailer:
     2016 T@B CS/ 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    CJvagabondCJvagabond Member Posts: 38
    Thank you @dundons. I'm adding this to my file. I practiced again this week camping at the beach and backing into the long drive at my parents. Little by little. :) 
    @2Cougs I actually just got back from 5 days at the ocean. (2nd trip down so far) Plugged everything in though I didn't use shower/etc. Water was "warmish". I had to de-winterize and remove anti-freeze from hot water heater. I did that at home about a week or so before. Fridge works. Didn't need heater. 
    Also adjusted the brakes as it had been over 300 miles. My brother jacked up the trailer a bit and I crawled under to do that. I'm not sure I did it right but it was easy to pull and I had no problems? 
    Thank you! :):)
    2022 F-150 STX. SE PA and beyond...Christine