Options

Yakima Load Warrior Cargo Basket

Our T@B 320 S came with the Yakima rails installed and I was able to find a used cargo basket.  I plan to carry the spare in the basket but I am unsure how the spare is secured to the basket.  I searched around the forum but can't find any reference to this specific thing.  Sounds like there must be some sort of clamp?
Kathy 
2018 T@B 320S - Cl@ra

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The ”clamp” is an accessory that is purchased from Yakima, or possibly at a truck speciality accessory business.,Maybe online at Amazon or other businesses. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited March 2019
    @ktsame I was curious and found this https://www.yakima.com/trailer-spare-tire-mounting-hardware-kit.  It might be what you’re looking for. The caveat is-Yakima makes more than one rack, so you might contact them with the name of your rack, or a photo with dimensions etc. Alternatively, as @Verna suggested, you could source the parts elsewhere.

Oops! Another caveat. I was blithely going to take a photo of the tire in place, then unlock it, then take it off of the Yakima. That was before I lost my shoe in the garage trying to pull the 5 foot ladder out, then the corny keg(empty thank goodness) fell over on my shoeless foot and the weed wacker fell and hit me in the chest. It might be better to just mount the spare on the trailer hitch, especially if you travel alone, or have an out of control garage like ours.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ktsamektsame Member Posts: 39
    @jgram2 Sorry for your cascade of garage mishaps - I appreciate your effort.  Actually, I found what I need and it is kind of pricey for what it is and on top of that the reviews are mixed.  https://www.yakima.com/spare-tire-carrier  I will put it on my wish list:)
    Kathy 
    2018 T@B 320S - Cl@ra

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    No worries @ktsame, I’m pretty sure there are multiple lessons I should take away from my efforts.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited March 2019
    jgram2 said:
    No worries @ktsame, I’m pretty sure there are multiple lessons I should take away from my efforts.
    Yeah. If the corny keg had been full it might have been more stable and not fallen over at all. Live and learn...  ;-)
    2015 T@B S