Options

Victron Battery settings for golf cart batteries

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
Maybe it is the cold weather, but I am having a brain freeze. I took a look at the settings of my newly installed Victron battery monitor and it looks like either the guys or the device defaulted to 450ah capacity. My understanding is that the correct number would be 225ah because they are wired in series, therefore the voltage is additive, not the ah. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Sincerely,
 Snowing in Pittsburgh 😁

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    edited March 2019
    Yes, two 6 volts in series voltage is additive to 12 v, no change to available 250 AH capacity.

Snowed here, too!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited April 2019
    Yes, two 6 volts in series voltage is additive to 12 v, no change to available 250 AH capacity.

Snowed here, too!
    Thanks...you start to question yourself, sometimes!

My poor hands were getting so cold hooking up...and then I had to add air to my trailer tires. I lived up the the old Finnish adage, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just insufficient clothing."

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Well, coming from someone now sitting in front of a fire with it looking like winter outside again, I would politely disagree.  Let me get out those flannels and fuzzy slippers again!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio