Options

64" Valterra hose holder

How long of a dump hose, with the appropriate end pieces does this Valterra accomodate?  How much length of dump hose do you carry?
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I have the 15' RhinoFlex stuffed in mine, along with the fittings. You do need to remove the orange adapter thingy from the elbow to make it work.
    There is some room to spare, but I don't know if it would accommodate another 5' of hose. Other hoses may give different results.
    Previously I got by with a very cheap 10' hose--15' feet likes a luxury and I can't see needing more for normal dump station activities.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    15’ is my everyday user. I have a 10’ extension that I have used 3 times in 4 years, and it was needed. 

Since I use a Blue Boy portable dump tank in the winter, I also keep a 5’ extension hose that is very easy to manage with the short distance I need. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    The 15 ft Rhinoflex and pieces parts fit nicely in the 64 in. Valterra.  We put a string at one end so it doesn't slide into the Valterra beyond our reach.  We keep a 5 ft. extension and coupler stashed with our other sewer equipment.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    So how many times have you needed 20-25" of dump hose?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I carry a 20' (two 10' sections actually) Valterra hose in mine.  See http://www.klenger.net/storage-mods.html

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Last year we needed the 20 feet twice.  Probably due to the way we positioned the TaB at the campsite to be able to set up our tent.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @klenger is that with the end fittings also?  By the way--I was wondering on your mod for the drawer under the fridge, where did you get those flat drawer slid/feet that you put on the bottom of the drawer?  Thanks!
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Sounds like it would be a sef bet to bring 20' or some combination thereof, cause I guess you just never know!

Woohoo!
  • Options
    lkc001 said:
    @klenger is that with the end fittings also?  By the way--I was wondering on your mod for the drawer under the fridge, where did you get those flat drawer slid/feet that you put on the bottom of the drawer?  Thanks!
    I use the kit from CW at the link below.  Two 10' sections coupled together fit perfectly, but the 90° end fitting does not fit.  It goes into my front storage bin.    The glides on the bottom of the drawer were from Ace Hardware, in the furniture pad section.  

https://www.campingworld.com/ez-coupler-bayonet-sewer-hose-kit-630062.html
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited April 2019
    Personally, I want all my poop equipment contained in one handy but segregated location. Maybe I'm a germaphobe but if carrying an extra 5' feet of hose for a hypothetical "what if" scenario means I have to handle and store the elbow separately (which, considering where it goes, is the nastiest part of the whole assembly) I think I'd ditch the extra hose.
    Barring that, I'd ditch the elbow and adapter. While they certainly do make the process a little easier, they are not absolutely necessary for gettin' the goods where they need to go. YMMV!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ^^  I didn't mean to imply that the 90° adapter goes in an enclosed storage bin with other camping gear.  It does go in my front tool chest near the LP tank, which is not near other camping gear, but I get your point.  If I could find a place to store the adapter somewhere outside the RV, I'd love to do that.  I suppose I might be able to bungee it somewhere.  I wonder if I could find a male matting adapter that could attached somewhere outside the RV and then snap the 90° adapter to that.  Hmmmm