. .Warning!!. . . and you thought winter was over and it was camping season??

lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
Hopefully everyone is watching the major weather forecast models for later this week!! "For the past few days, various forecast computer models have shown a blizzard of epic proportions for the north-central Plain States and Upper Midwest"  (that quote is from the National Weather Service forecast)  I hate it when they say "epic"!    They are predicting that some of the areas already impacted by flooding from the Bomb Cyclone a few weeks ago will get hit again!   Looks like we may get heavy snow in the Colorado Mountains, but the Bomb Cyclone may swing to the north and east of the Denver area where I live. . . . . enough already!   We need the water but we don't need the floods!  Be careful & prepare if you are in it's path!!   I'm telling you that Bomb Cyclone was no joke!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Hope it is gone by next week, rolling from Oregon to Indiana and back starting on the 18th, I really am ready for winter to be done!
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I wish we were getting a blizzard, again, nothing but rain for us in W PA. Will be dewinterizing very soon.

It is pretty rare for us to get any sustain sun-freezing weather beyond April 15. At my brother's college graduation in May, (many years ago) we had snow flurries but that is about it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    I’m sure a bunch of people would like to send the next blizzard your way!

Woohoo!
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited April 2019
    My rooftop weather station showed our high today was 83° here in central Virginia.  Tomorrow we'll be off to visit the Shenandoah River valley & hopefully catch the Virginia Bluebells in bloom.  Hoping to catch some more moderate 65-ish temps.  Turned on our home A/C for the first time this year today.

Correction: I misspoke - we actually reset our system from heat to "auto", so it can switch back & forth for a/c as needed.  Since it was already up to 77 inside, it went straight to a/c.  Was wondering why I was starting to feel sleepy.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    BrianZ said:
    My rooftop weather station showed our high today was 83° here in central Virginia.  Tomorrow we'll be off to visit the Shenandoah River valley & hopefully catch the Virginia Bluebells in bloom.  Hoping to catch some more moderate 65-ish temps.  Turned on our home A/C for the first time this year today.
    That sounds nice, as well. I turned on the bedroom AC, tonight. I would prefer an open window but my allergies have been awful this spring. Seems like lots of tree pollen.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    There is a Meme going around about April in the South. Each day has four seasons, winter from 4-7 am, Spring from 7-11 am Summer from 11-7 pm and Fall from 7-4am. (or something to that affect). We have been running our heat in the mornings, then the AC in the afternoons.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Mouseketab, is that something new or have your Aprils always been like that?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    today it's going to be close to 80 in Denver, I'm wearing sandals at work-----before the storm comes in tomorrow and drops the temp 40 degrees. . . . . . 
    Woohoo!
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Wolf Creek already said they plan to reopen for this weekend.   :)
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

edited April 2019
    ha! I'll bet a lot of the ski resorts won't be closing as soon as they predicted!   Last night the weather report said the majority of the Bomb should miss Denver, now they are saying we are going to get hammered along with Nebraska, the mid-west, etc.   Took me two days working the snowblower by myself to clear my 50 foot driveway after the last Bomb Cyclone. . . . I'm over it
    Woohoo!
    You just need a three stage 50Hp blower that can throw old packed snow 100 yards.  With assisted rear wheels on big chains.  Electric start.  Will be so much fun you'll end up doing the whole neighborhood! 

I have a pretty good snowblower but it won’t throw hardpack 50 feet—those kind of snowblowers are so huge!🤪
    Woohoo!
  • ArwenArwen Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2019
    Very late Spring here in northern NH, with no warm weather in site. Temps are in the 20s, with everything covered with snow. We had a brief snow storm yesterday that gave us a 3-4 inches of wet, heavy snow in town. We live a few miles out of town, at a higher elevation and our road had not been plowed, and we have a steep hill. I was glad that I was driving a Jeep as it would have been a challenge in a 2 wheel drive.
    Our T@B is still snowed in under its carport/shed, behind the slowly receding snowbank, so she won't be going anywhere for weeks yet. 
    We went hiking here in the nearby mountains on Sunday and there was nearly 2 feet of snow at the trailhead, with a solid 4 feet and more of snow pack most of the way up to the the ridge line, where it was still mid winter conditions (20 degrees with 40-50 mph winds). All the downhill ski areas are still open up here with full coverage and even many Nordic ski trails still fully covered.
    It looks more like early March than April. I'm hoping that this latest snow that is hitting the Midwest will not make it this far north, as I'm sooo ready for Spring!

Arwen: Northern NH; 2018 T@B 320S Boondock, silver/blue; TV: blue 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Pretty cold here in N. Texas too.  Remote sensor is in the shade on back porch. 

@DougH  pfft that’s me sticking my tongue out at you 
    Woohoo!
    If it helps, I wish I was here:

You’re not serious right?
    Woohoo!
    edited April 2019
    @lkc001 ;  You mean why ski Loveland or A-Basin (current webcam pic is from Hwy 6), when you could ski Wolf Creek or Steamboat?

Or do you mean more philosophically that folks with too much sun and heat prefer the snow, and folks with too much snow prefer a sunny beach? 

• LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286

Here it is @Michigan_Mike

was not able to load it on the other page.

Taken this morning after the last 24 hours snow fall. About 3 ft still on the ground, hill is going between winter and spring skiing on a dailay bassis.  We will be closing on Easter weekend with fool coverage, from 2500 feet top to 100 ft from sea level.  Should be open on april 27 for an employee only skiing day.  Expecting full coverage of really close.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
    Interesting side mount spare!  Is that for winter storage, or is it full time like that, and if so how is it attached? 

• elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    Harrumph.  And the local ski hill closed 10 days ago so we can’t even enjoy that!

2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
    @DougH . I somehow knew you were talking about skiing!  Snowfall has been epic in Colorado this year for the skiing.  I'm ready for spring & early summer but am not a fan of heat above 95.

Woohoo!
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    DougH said:
    Interesting side mount spare!  Is that for winter storage, or is it full time like that, and if so how is it attached? 
    Hello.

it is full time location.  Hold by a bracket bolted to the frame corner of the trailer.  It is about 1/2" away from the trailer wall.  So no touching of loading on any part on the trailer body.  Only the frame and the corner.  So tension is not only on the side or the rear of the frame..

as for the snow, Iam about mid lower tird of the mountain.  Top of the resort got 1 foot an a half.  :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    Bomb cyclone....hmmmm.....We just call it Spring. 
     Just as likely here this time of year to use the snowblower as the lawn mower.
    Meh....It'll quit....eventually.....

WilliamA 

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well, here my sister says the snow is my fault.  Last year we took our camper out of storage....  22 inches of white stuff.  This year, same time, snowing again.  Coincidence?  I think not....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Actually, a friend of mine has not opened his blinds yet.  He said if he looked, it might make him crazy.  200 crashes in Minnesota.  I think he has watched "Birdbox" one too many times...  grin
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

@WilliamA. Actually no it’s not just spring- these barometric drops are history making that Colorado has not seen before— it’s a change in the weather patterns 
    Woohoo!
    edited April 2019
    Yesterday's CO results:

Winter Park: 25"
    Vail: 12-18”
    Beaver Creek: 14”
    Copper: 14”
    Aspen Highlands: 12”
    Breckenridge: 11”
    Eldora: 10”
    Loveland: 8”
    Snowmass: 8”
    Aspen Mountain: 7”
    Keystone: 6”

...with I-70 closed near Vail for hours.

And TX is supposed to get more snow in the next 3 days than CO.  :o

I dunno what we Texans are supposed to do with 8" of fresh stuff...  there's not too many ski resorts near Amarillo.

(Windy.com New Snow Next 3 Days Plot 4/11/19)

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    @Luckyj just think, spring is right around the corner!  Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    @DougH I also heard that you Texans freak out & don't know how to drive in snow??  haha!!  Crazy that Texas is getting more snow than Colorado.  Yesterday's "bomb cyclone" went kind of south of Denver, slamming the Pueblo & Springs area then whipped out east of Denver then back north & hammered Fort Collins area before heading off to wreak more havoc on Nebraska & mid-west states.  My work cut us loose at 12:00 yesterday, because CDOT was asking businesses to cut their people loose early because too many people were still out on the roads in the March bomb and it puts the emergency crews at risk too.   So it was basically a non-incident for us in the immediate Denver area, & what little we did get is all melted off the roads now.  Weird.
    Woohoo!