Options

outside shower

Does the T@B 320U come with or have the option of the outside shower?

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Koda, used to be an option, but, I believe now is standard.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    KodaKoda Member Posts: 6
    Thank you.  Shower capability without a bathroom sounds perfect.
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    Don't get too excited until you try one. I'm not sure you could even rinse sand off your feet with the pressure and amount of water that the outdoor shower produces. 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    IslandJo said:
    Don't get too excited until you try one. I'm not sure you could even rinse sand off your feet with the pressure and amount of water that the outdoor shower produces. 
    If you remove the shower head and then remove the restrictor from inside the head you will have plenty of water. Did it with the inside shower head too.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    @RollingBnB Thanks! I'll give it a try.
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Also, someone found that pulling the hose out fully restricted the flow.  They pushed some of the hose back into the housing and ended up with a better flow.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Ours was leaking at the  base of the handheld spray head.  I unscrewed it, added a washer,  but when I [over]tightened it, the threaded end of the hose split open.. 

Cheap stuff - very thin. 
    So, I've ordered a replacement hose plus head for $13, mainly just to get the hose.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    GumboAndBoo2GumboAndBoo2 Member Posts: 17
    @BrianZ  Replacement from nuCamp? Or something more generic from Amazon?
    Jack + Grace + Gumbo (the dog) + Bubo (the other dog) + Alice the T@binator (2018 320 S)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Generic - Amazon.  Hope it works.

Builders Shoppe 4120WT RV/Motorhome Replacement Non-Metallic Hand Held Shower Set White Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GIQXHR2

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @RollingBnB I don't suppose you have a pic of the part that you can take out of both of the shower heads, or what does it look like please?   My water pressure is also ridiculous on that outside shower head and not so great on the inside shower either.  Thanks!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Here's an "after & before" shot of the base of the outdoor shower head that screws into the hose..

At right is the original with an almost pinpoint hole, probably not big enough for a rounded toothpick to fit through.  At left is after drilling to enlarge the hole to about twice the diameter.  This piece with the hole appears to be glued in place & not removeable.

Further, I disassembled it by unscrewing the face plate with the holes & removed the black plastic valve aperture at left.  It's two large O-rings appear to be made of soft silicone rubber & were in excellent condition. Then, by depressing the head of the blue valve arm & spring with my thumb, the little white lever control arm can easily slide off of the other end of the blue arm, which releases all the parts from the main housing..

I immediately noticed that both small rubber O-rings were broken & dried out.  The large one was ok, but a bit stiff.  I replaced all three with new ones from Lowes & lubricated the valve arm shaft & O-rings with silicone faucet grease to improve performance & reduce leakage through the hole below the lever arm.

Reassembled in the reverse order, and expecting this shower head should be working better, although I have not explored inside the hot/cold water valve assembly to see if there is any flow-regulating aperture inside.  Control valves can limit flow too, but it seems to me that the shower head was quite limited by that tiny hole.

Haven't received my new hose, but assuming it fits, I should know in a couple days whether the above measures have improved anything.  If spray is improved, but not strong enough, I can try enlarging the hole a "bit" more.

O-Rings:
    Danco 96774, #60, 1/4"OD x 1/8"ID x 1/16"  (small)
    Danco 96711, #83, 1/2"OD x 5/16ID x 3/32"  (larger)

• Options
    GumboAndBoo2GumboAndBoo2 Member Posts: 17
    @BrianZ Good pics & info.  Thanks!
    Jack + Grace + Gumbo (the dog) + Bubo (the other dog) + Alice the T@binator (2018 320 S)
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @BrianZ  Please come back & report whether you fixed the issue & your results!  Thank you
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    @lkc001,  I am happy to report that the hose I ordered (above) was a good direct replacement for the old one - No worse & possibly better, as it seems to be more pliable/less stiff, about the same length/possibly a bit longer.  It came with washers and was easy to install without any tools - hand tighten only!

Although it came with a shower head, I was not impressed, as the shutoff on it only reduces the spray to a dribble (& instructions say that is intended), and the spray was weaker (though broader in diameter)..

New head above. Compare to the old head below after servicing, which sprayed about 50% farther, but in a narrower stream..

Above was the spray after servicing as described above.  I had enlarge the orifice in the bottom of the handle with a 9/64" drill bit.  I also tried enlarging the hole to 5/32" and got a noticeably greater spray distance, so I tried again with an 11/64" bit, and it may have been marginally greater, but not significantly so.  I would say a 5/32 or 11/64 would be sufficient. I was using a house water faucet with the usual pressure limiter & filter, not the pump.

Also, I am happy to report that replacing O-rings in the old spray head & greasing them was worth the effort, because the lever has never worked so smoothly, and now it does not leak even a single drop when turned off at the head with water supply turned on.  My wife was unequivocal in preferring the old faucet that won't drip now when shut off at the handle & I agree.

Before the new O-rings, it was leaking pretty badly, like the new head does normally when turned off at the head.  I am much happier with the old head after servicing - it's worth it if yours is leaking like ours was.  Enlarging the hole a bit helps improve the spray somewhat, but I believe the hot/cold outdoor mixing valve also limits the flow & cannot be improved in the spray head beyond that.

PS:  I only tested using the cold water supply fully open.  I'm not sure & cannot recall just now whether having both hot & cold valves open would increase the spray head pressure, so my results should at least be considered a minimum of what can be achieved.
    Servicing & hose replacement can be done without any tools, except if you want to enlarge that hole by drilling to increase spray pressure a bit.