Hello from Minnesota!

Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
Good morning,  I'm new to both RV and T@B ownership, taking the plunge sharing a 2018 Tab 320S with a long time camping buddy and two camping loving cairn terriers, affectionately known as "the girls".  I was attracted to the T@B by its attention to detail, features, and small size hopefully allowing me to continue to camp in my favorite northern Minnesota areas while being able to use the Alde for hot showers and to extend the season.  (It can get down to freezing at night by the 3rd week of August which is a little cool for the girls and makes for chilly mornings for the humans.)  

Have been visiting this group reading and learning, very impressed with everyone's kindness and thoroughness in responding to questions and concerns.  We have purchased 100W solar panels from Renogy and are working on teztab's twin bed mod and Homebodyatheart's idea for switching out the Lagin table for a smaller wood cutting board.  Our background is decades of backpacking and canoe camping so we are used to sharing small spaces and traveling light.  A lot of that gear can be used in the T@B which is nice.  

We have a local shakedown trip the first week of May to practice hitching/unhitching and using the solar panels and Alde then a 12 day trip to Buffalo River State Park (MN), Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Makoshika State Park (MT) the last week of May/early June.  More trips planned this summer too and excited!

Comments

• Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    Forgot to mention I'm sewing a set of awnings using information from this site and we found a wonderful gate solution to protect the screen door.  
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome to the forum @Emma62! If you’re able to park your T@B in your driveway, many have done driveway camping to iron out newbie wrinkles. You can even practice dumping the grey and black tanks using clean water (and the household plumbing). Or, just jump on in and enjoy the journey!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Welcome!  Sounds like you are off to a good start!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Hello and welcome!  I hope the T@b serves you well.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Emma62, welcome and congratulations on your trailer! To some, a t@b is a 4 season trailer. We have people using their t@bs for skiing weekends and getaways. Last November, my husband and me were stranded in Wyoming (vehicle problems) temps reached -10°F. We not only survived, but were comfortable in our trailer. We hope your choice extends the seasons you can camp and travel in. Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    @Emma62, hello from SE MN!  We’ve loved having our T@B to bug out Up North easily on the weekends - and with the Alde for cold nights and a little bit of structure for light storms, I don’t worry so much about the weather keeping us in.  Enjoy it!!
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    Greetings from Burnsville! Enjoy your Western trip. Hope to see you on the road.
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  Monday will be our first night in a nearby county park campground.  We plan to do 4 nights half time on shore power and half time using solar panels.  We filmed the dealers orientation so re-watched the hitching portion last night and I tried to make a step-by-step list.  Also have a list of things to try while camping to make sure we know how to use them.  

Having spent decades self-sufficient tent camping I'm most worried about correctly hitching the RV to the car.  (The luxuries in the RV will be great but if needed we can do without them as long as it is intact and we have a safe place to sleep.)

Will send pics!

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome Emma.  We will be in Minnesota in a couple of weeks at a little county park near Lake Elmo....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• SprocketheadSprockethead Member Posts: 12
    Welcome Emma!, Greetings from Blaine, MN. Elk River RV was great to work with! I think I may have met you there :)
    2019 T@B 320S Boondock Edge, Factory 133 watt solar, 215ah AGM
  • elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    We haven't needed any service after the purchase, but through the whole buying process and walkthrough I thought Elk River was fantastic.  I did comparison shop and found their prices were very competitive for other T@b dealers in MN and WI - and it was great to shop at a place basically exclusively focused on small campers.
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    TerryV6... have a great time at Lake Elmo. We spent this last weekend there with our daughter and granddaughters. Everyone had a ball. 
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • MarkSMarkS Member Posts: 7
    Greetings from Blaine (as well)! We picked up our used 2018 T@B 320S from Elk River RV on May 1st.  Got the solar working (panel wires were swapped) but still fighting to get the frig to light on propane.  We're playing with the water system in the driveway as suggested.  Planning to head out to Interstate State Park for a few days next week for our inaugural voyage.  We're coming from a 2004 Scamp so looking forward to all the amenities! 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Welcome @MarkS!  Yes, lots of new amenities to enjoy - but more complicated, too.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio