Options

New T@B owner, starting cross-country trip.

RubyRuby Member Posts: 10
Hi everyone.  I am rather new to this forum and still learning how to use social media so my husband suggested that I introduce myself.  My name is Lisa (not Ruby, she's my dog) and  I bought my first T@B about six weeks ago. Nest week I will be taking my first real solo trip in it, going Coast to Coast from our home in Elizabeth City, NC to Seattle by way of Bozeman, MT. Accompanying me are the real "Ruby", a toy Spaniel, and Nelson the Newfoundland dog.  Too bad neither can drive because it looks like a long trip of about 6000 miles! I am so excited to be spending 3 nights at the Washington State East Meets West gathering where I will get to meet a lot of you and put names and faces together. I have loads of offgrid experience but practically none in a camper with all the luxuries of a flush toilet, running water, heating, and A/C. I am so grateful for all of your posts, advice and encouragement to each other on this site.

Thanks!
Lisa 
Lisa, Nelson, and Ruby in NE North Carolina
2019 T@b 320S - 2003 GMC Yukon XL

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Wow, that's quite a first solo trip!  Best of luck and keep us posted as your journey proceeds!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ruby Welcome to the forum! What an adventure you will have! Take photos on your way and share them with us please. A heads up for the western portion of your trip-lots of places had no cell service when we were looking for a place to stay the “ next” night., or to call for availability while on the road. So the next long trip, I’m going to try and plan ahead for Wyoming and Nebraska! And Idaho-those pesky mountains. In small towns, you can find WiFi at libraries and some businesses. And as a soloist, you get to decide when to stop, while my DH and I frequently had mild disagreements about just how much further we wanted to drive before calling it a day. Of course, Ruby and Nelson may insist on a vote too! Have a grand trip!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Well, in hindsight, it is kind of my second trip. Several winters ago I rented a T@bQ from Beckley's for the week and went up snowshoeing in New Hampshire and Quebec. Everything was winterized and the battery died so it was totally dry camping. But it was a great way to see if I could deal with the small size and I fell totally in love with the T@b then.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 586
    Wowza! And to think I'm nervous for my furthest trip yet to the East meets West gathering about 6 hours away. Safe travels and I hope you will post updates so I can live vicariously through you. See you in May!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!I I am clueless about how to post pictures the right size but my husband considers himself my Mission Control at home so he has agreed to put up my pictures for me. @jgram2, appreciate the heads up on cell phone service. I have family houses to squat in front of in Knoxville, Denver, Bozeman, and Seattle but now I will make more of an effort to scope out possible sites in the middle. The dogs definitely will have some say so in this!

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    And we get @Ruby at Lincoln Rock!!!!   Can't wait to meet up in two weeks!!!  Safe travels!!! B)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Welcome @Ruby! I’m so excited that you got a site and we get to meet you and the pups! There is a great (and simple) free photo sizing app called Image Size. Mrs @2Cougs steered me to it! Have safe travels and a great journey!  See you very soon! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red