Options

Combine sewer hoses?

Is there a Y fitting to combine gray water and black water sewer hoses so both can go into the campsite sewer at the same time?
2017 Tab 320 S
2014 Mazda CX 5
Traveling very light to be kind to my transmission.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
    OMG I’m not that handy! Thanks Sharon. Amazing skill and inventiveness. I guess I’ll just have to go to the trouble of switching back and forth. Funny how long it took me recognize this  inconvenience even existed. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • Options
    Unless you are emptying very frequently, it is not a huge inconvenience.  I think we all just lust after everyone’s mods😜
    A dealer can do this for you.  We had Austin and Mark at nuCamp non-warranty repair do our single sewer outlet mod.
    See what I mean...
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,450
    They do make Y-fittings that can combine two hoses into a single outlet. If the goal is to not play switch-e-roo in a campsite with sewer hookups, such an arrangement would work. It would likely require carry more dumping equipment, though.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Thank you! Do you have a link or manufacturer’s name by chance? Is it this one posted by Michigan Mike?

2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • Options
    Search "RV sewer Y" on Amazon. The things I'm talking about are just a simple y-fitting that allow you to run two hoses to the same dump hole.
    The photo posted above looks like one of the custom-made rigs that Sharon_is_SAM referred to. I don't think that complete assembly is commercially available. Even if it was, you would have to cut off your existing valves and caps and solvent weld this on in their place.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2019
    Bear in mind that many folks say that the 'routine' for dumping waste tanks is to dump the gray water after the black water, which rinses any solids that may have hung up in the hose.

The hose to the waste tank tends to lie on a fairly 'gentle slope', so it would easily be susceptible to 'hangups'!

It might be worth it to simply switch the connections when dumping, just to keep the hose cleared out.

Also realize, (excuse me if this is obvious!) that you shouldn't leave your waste gate-valves continually open while in a full-service campsite, without setting some sort of 'trap' in your drain hose to prevent the sewer gases from backing up, from the campground sewer into your camper's tank(s).
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Thanks ScottG and thanks ChanW for the reminder about sewer gas. So I would run two hoses from the tanks to this Y and then a third hose from the Y to the campground sewer? I think you've convinced me to just switch when dumping. I wish I could trust my SeeLevel indicator, though.  It never reads anything that makes sense. 
    TMI: I don’t use the toilet for #2. And I only use it at night for #1. And I don’t used #1 toilet paper in the toilet. I put it in the trash. So I’m not worried about solids. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Re TMI: good routine. 

My DW would like us to embrace that regimen, but I've really appreciated the 'private' part of privy (and it was one of the key reasons we bought the 'S' model)!

Besides that, I'm the only one who dumps it anyway!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    melpeter said:
    Thanks ScottG and thanks ChanW for the reminder about sewer gas. So I would run two hoses from the tanks to this Y and then a third hose from the Y to the campground sewer? I think you've convinced me to just switch when dumping.
    That's correct. There may be another version of the Y that has an elbow for going into the sewer outlets, but it still means two hoses, two sets of supports, the Y, and the elbow.
    I concur with your assessment; if it were me I'd just switch the hoses as needed.  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Also, they say that, especially with a black tank, let it get to at least half full before dumping, or fill it with some water so things don't cling to the sides - but your TMI routine has you covered @melpeter ;)  
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    ChanW said:
    (and it was one of the key reasons we bought the 'S' model)!
    Funny!  And here I always thought the "S" meant "shower".  ;)
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods