Options

New Water Pump Recommendations

We have a 2018 320S Boondock and after opening it up last month we had issues with the pump which ran, but wouldn't draw from the fresh water tank. I blew out the system in the fall so I tried various suggestions here on the forum for removing air from the system to no avail. Then after pulling water into the pump manually, it still wouldn't move any water so I'm pretty sure I need a new pump. Does anyone have any recommendations for pump and specs. I've seen Shurflo recommended on here, so would appreciate any more confirmation or other suggestions. Thanks!
2018 T@B 320-S Boondock, black trim
2012 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Dave, Lisa, and Fozzie
Seattle, WA

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599

A 2018 model - - - aren't you still under warranty ? If so contact your dealer (Apache ?)

Before replacing the water pump suggest you take it apart. The lower plastic section could have dirt/whatever clogging the passageways or it's built in check valve

As for full replacement I would replace with same brand & model - - - my T@B has the Shurflo and it is a quality pump.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I agree.  Check the filter for debris and make sure all connections are tightened.  The pumps have been known to occasionally fail, so I would replace with the same as well.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I agree with the above suggestions and would make sure that the filter is clean and free of any plastic particles as this was a frequent problem encountered by others and could save you some money.  You could also take a compressor air gun, remove the incoming hose to the freshwater tank and blow compressed air back toward the tank to free up any possible obstruction.  

I changed out my pump lump on my 2015 T@B 320S with this pump from Amazon.  If it comes down to replacing your pump, check out the specs on the pump assembly, try to match them or go 5# greater if you prefer to.  Just keep in mind that a stronger pump will drain your freshwater tank quicker.  ;-)

Shurflo 2088-554-144 Fresh Water Pump, 12 Volts, 3.5 Gallons Per Minute, 45 Psi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1M6B1C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_y9nYCbEA5BF49
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I'm curious, @we_are_not_bears, about your statement, "after pulling water into the pump manually, it still wouldn't move any water".
    Did you try disconnecting the flexible hoses attached to both sides of the pump from their connections to the rigid pipes & put intake hose in a bucket of water & output hose into an empty bucket & test that way?

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    we_are_not_bearswe_are_not_bears Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately our warranty was up in February before I de-winterized. I had tried all of the suggestions in this and other threads with the exception of pulling the pump apart, which I've now tried as well. Sadly, no apparent issues to be found there. @BrianZ, I did test it by sucking water from a bucket into the pump and but it wouldn't move water into the output bucket. I think that, while my dealer warranty is over, the pump carries a 2-year warranty so I'm looking into that.
    2018 T@B 320-S Boondock, black trim
    2012 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
    Dave, Lisa, and Fozzie
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Sorry for your troubles, and hope you can get the pump replaced under warranty.  Good luck, & let us know what happens.  I think I've seen them on Amazon & shouldn't be too difficult to replace it yourself if you're so inclined.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    I know this is silly, but I'll ask it anyway...just in case... @we_are_not_bears, you turned on the pump to suck the water, but did you have a faucet on to draw out the water? And the fresh tank was full?

I'm sorry for the frustration and troubles.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5