Options

Help with Jenson radio

I've been a T@G owner for a couple of years but just bought a 2018 T@B 320 CSS-S.  The only problem I'm having is with the Jenson radio.  At first, it wouldn't come on at all.  Then I tested and reset the GFI outlet and the radio came on just fine but the remote wouldn't work.  Changed the battery in the remote and the radio still doesn't come on at all.  Checked fuses and they all seem OK.  Everything else in the T@B works.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    There is also a fuse on the rear of the head unit.  A bit of a pain to get to as you have to pull the head unit from the wall.  There will be a bunch of wires but there is enough slack (at least on a TAB400) that if you are careful you can check the fuse without disconnecting any wires.  If all else checks out this might be the culprit.
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    edited May 2019
    The Jensen is on the 12V side.  Doesn't make any sense that cycling the GFI outlets would do anything unless you have something plugged into 110v AC that is sending a control signal to the Jensen.  Is your television 12V or 110v AC and, if the latter, are you using HDMI control?  If so, unplug the HDMI cable from your television and see if you can fire up the Jensen.  The other thing I hate even to suggest.  Do you have the remote control that controls the TV and the Jensen and do you have it set to DVD before pushing the power button?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    AtaylorAtaylor Member Posts: 10
    Well, I pulled the head unit and changed the fuse, although the old one didn't appear to be blown.  I also unplugged all cables and plugged them back in. The TV is 12v and comes on and works fine.  The Jenson still doesn't come on.  Very strange.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Ataylor, give Jensen a call.  I called them recently to confirm the wiring configuration and they were very helpful.  Something must be disconnected in the Jensen wiring.  Good luck!
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    Do you have a digital volt meter that you can check for power at the Jensen connector?
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Well, I fixed it.  Turns out there is a "reset" button hidden under the volume knob.  It's recessed and you have to use the end of a paper clip to press it.  That seems to have taken care of it.  Thanks everyone for the tips.
  • Options
    Well, I thought it was fixed but it isn't.  When I turn on the battery, sometimes the unit comes on and sometimes it doesn't.  Other times, it comes on for a moment and then shuts off by itself and won't power back on.  One day last week, it worked for 20 minutes while I cleaned the interior. Now, it won't work at all.  I believe it's a problem with the unit itself.
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Sounds like an opportunity for an upgrade
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Ataylor, I again would suggest contacting Jensen and talk to one of their techs.  I am not sure what Jensen model you have (mine is the JWM70A), but it might possibly be a loose positive (red) wire or ground (black) wire.  Your description of the problem leads me to believe that possibility.  There is a wiring diagram in the Jensen manual online.  Search their site for your particular model.  If I were experiencing the problem you are having, I would pull the stereo out, but leave it connected and jiggle those particular wires to see if the stereo goes on/off.  If so, that is likely the issue.  Just a guess.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)