Options

water leak around mixing valve

hi folks, glad to join and take advantage of your knowledge and experience...on the weekend I was de-winterizing and getting my TAB 320S ready for the season (in canada so season starts much later!!).  I filled the fresh water tank and charged my plumbing lines after draining RV antifreeze and then activated Alde at the thermostat to heat water in the Alde hot water tank just to test it.  At that time I was running on propane only but I noticed two things...first was a slow drip coming from hot water out side of hot/cold mixing valve and also noticed after a few hours that I couldn't get the water hot.  The second issue is not urgent but I'm a bit concerned about the slow drip and wondered if I need to go find a dealer or something I could tackle...appreciate any comments/suggestions.
thank you!

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I have an “intermittent “ slowwww drip from the same. I haven’t tackled the repair as yet, but will more then likely entail pez fitting replacements at the mixing valve...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    A picture would help.  Not sure where your leak is actually located.  If you have a leak of your mixing valve, they have been known to fail and depending on the issue, may be repairable.  Check out this thread that discusses tightening the bleeder screw on the mixing valve.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6811/need-help-mixing-valve-leaking

Regarding the hot water, is the Alde itself not heating, or is the water coming from the tap not hot?  Do you have the digital display?  If so, you can check the water temperature via the display.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Try tightening this screw..

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    LBHMLBHM Member Posts: 12
    apologies for the long delay in responding here folks...regarding the minor leak around mixing valve, I called my dealer and he said that it has been known to happen at start of season but will self-seal with use as gaskets expand and seal...seemed to work as the leak stopped.  In terms of hot water from Alde, I adjusted mixing valve and got much hotter water in quantity.  Thanks again!