So how is Ridgeline as tab400 TV? 
    I am thinking getting 2019 very soon 
    Thanks
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    miva717 said:
    Looking to get Ridgeline . Any of you tow tab400 or this is 320 
    Thanks 
    My husband and I do. We tow a 320 with a 2017 Ridgeline and it has been absolutely seamless thus far. Keeping speed to a max of 70 mph, we average out at about 19 mpg. Can't beat that! We have not been anywhere very hilly/mountainous just yet so I cannot speak for the mpg/performance of the Ridgeline in these conditions. 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    According to a quick google.. Honda Ridgelines have a 3000-5000 lb towing capacity depending on configuration / options

It looks like the 2wd model is around 3500 lbs and the all wheel model is more like 5000

The TAB 400 is like 2600 lbs dry weight with 400 ish tongue weight.

Just running numbers I'd guess that with the all wheel drive model you'd be able to tow it but might want a load distributing hitch / sway control?

I'd probably not want to tow more than a 320 with the 2wd model. I've not got direct Ridgeline or Tab400 experience, but I'm a strong proponent of staying well below the max towing capacity of any tow vehicle.

I used to have a Mini Cooper Countryman.. MINIs do not have any official towing - I put an after market hitch on it to pull a little 5x8 utility trailer (never more than about 2k lbs when loaded in my case) and it towed it.. but it was a clear case of being really at the max of what it could handle.. it meant I was a serious "dragonfly" (Dragin up the hills, flyin down em) and actually think I cracked the rear differential due to towing.. once over heated it going up a hill towing..

So my real world experience is to try and stay well below max capacity for a vehicle's tow ..  I am probably over conservative on it but I know I love if I can tow half max capacity or less.

TL:DR: If you have the All wheel drive model with 5k lbs towing I think a 400 will be perfectly fine to pull. I'd be a bit nervous about doing it with the 2wd, but it would likely be possible.

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    AWD Ridgeline has 600# tongue weight capacity
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    miva717miva717 Member Posts: 15
    I am currently towing my tab400 with Nissan Frontier AWD ,it's not bad but its 2013 and has 120k miles 
    The Ridgeline was named one of top trucks past 2 years . Talked to local dealer today waiting to hear back on his best offer to lease. I am turning in CRV that at end the lease in few months. 
    Thanks 
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    We two a 400 with the ridgeline it's an amazing combination. The milage runs about 14 @70mph if you go above that it drops quickly. 
  • Options
    PetroffskiPetroffski Member Posts: 28
    We tow a '19 400 with our '17 Ridgeline and haven't had any problems at all. We use no anti-sway or distribution hitch and it just tows it perfectly. We can feel the truck moving as the trailer pitches and yaws over uneven pavement. Nothing ever extreme or weird. We've towed it in brutal crosswinds through thunderstorms and was as solid as can be. It's never been anything other than predictable.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it's a completely different deal above 4,000'. We picked up the 400 in Phoenix (1,100') in the summer to take it up to Flagstaff (7,000') where we live and it was two different trips. Up to 4K we were amazed how it did. Above 4K things slowed down considerably with steadily increasing RPM. We try to drive 60-65mph with it and it isn't a problem. At 9,500' we just let it find it's own sweet spot (at other altitudes as well) and it seems pretty happy. Honda isn't known for anything that resembles low end torque. They are known for rev happy engines and we don't try to fight it. We learned to love 3-5K RPM. We never drive in a hurry or push it. The transmission is perfectly able to pick it's own gears without any intervention. We manage about 14MPG no matter where we go. Enjoy.
    Peter & Darlene
    "Sparky" 2019 T@B 400
    2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T
    Flagstaff, AZ
  • Options
    jpi68jpi68 Member Posts: 80
    We also have a ‘17 Ridgeline towing a ‘19 T@B 400. We do not have a weight distribution or anti-sway system. We do have an electronic brake controller. We have towed twice in the Colorado mountains and one trip cross country to the Midwest total of around 3,000 miles. I scarcely notice that the 400 is behind us. Gas mileage has been all over the place. In our two trips in the high country we averaged 14 mpg on one trip and 11.2 on the other. Driving west to east on interstate highways at 65 mph we could get 12 mpg. Back in the Midwest at elevations between 600’ to 800’ we got up to 15 mpg. Going east to west on interstate highways back to Colorado we could only manage 11.4 mpg. Speed didn’t seem to matter, at 65 to 75 mph mileage didn’t vary more than a couple of tenths mpg.
  • Options
    miva717miva717 Member Posts: 15
    few days ago swapped 2013 Frontier to 2019 Honda Ridgeline towing tab 400
    what is your hitch on the Ridgeline is it straight or drop 2 inches for TAB 400  I know it depends on the weight
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    We are 2" drop also and are level (We tow a 2018 400 which is not a Boondock version. The Boondock model would sit higher)
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    tphaggertytphaggerty Member Posts: 48
    2019 RL here towing a 2018 400.  We do use a WDH, mainly because we already had it for our original 2004 Sienna. Have towed with and without the WDH. Both are fine, the WDH definitely smoothes things out, especially on bumpy roads. The RL is pre-wired for a brake controller, so it’s a simple drop in, comes with a wiring harness. We don’t use that as we had the Curt wireless controller for the Sienna.

It tows the 400 very nicely with no apparent strain. Haven’t done any climbs over 2000 feet or so. It is a very comfortable, quiet vehicle. The in bed trunk is awesome (though smelly). Haven’t needed to add towing mirrors like we did with the Sienna. Overall, we love it so far! We are getting around 12 to 13mpg towing, up to 25mpg not towing (the on dash mpg is very “optimistic “).
    2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL TV
    2018 T@B 400, 300Ah Renogy LiFePo batteries, 350W Renogy rooftop solar
    Poughquag, NY