Options

Help with water pump

I have been camping for a couple years in my 2018 cs-s, always hooked up to city water. I am now in a camp site with no hookups. I filled the fresh water tank with water and turned on the pump but nothing. I assumed it was user error so I've read everything on this site and everywhere else. I primed and sucked and poured water in tubes. The filter is clean as the day it was bought. I just tried removing the intake tube that is connected to the floor, put it on a cup of water and turned on the pump and nothing. Does that definitely mean my pump is just bad? 
Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    The pump makes no noise?  I have a 2017 CSS.  The intake side of the pump on our TaB is suspended from the pump that is attached to the rear wall of the cabinet under the sink/stove.  Not on the floor.  

Have you checked the fuse box to see if the 12v pump fuse is bad?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    It makes noise. It just doesn't seem to move water. We did check the fuse, no problem plus it's clearly working electrically. It is located in the back wall underneath the stove. 
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    Understand you have read several threads . . . .
    Just some random thoughts:
     +  Are the cold/hot low point drains closed, might be open from winter
     +  Is the Adle relief valve in the closed (handle down) position)
     +  Might try, placing Alde in by-pass { close it's cold water feed and
       open by-pass } that will reduce the volume of air the pump needs to purge.
       Can you place your "cup of water" above the pump intake level so gravity helps it prime?
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    I'll try those, thanks. 
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    @geekmama Try using the outdoor shower faucet to bleed some of air out of the water lines. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Sorry this is happening.  I usually recommend filling the plumbing system at home using the city water connection.  Gets all the air out and fills the Alde tank so no water is used for that from the fresh water tank at the camp site.  

So, assuming you tightened all connections at the pump including the filter cup, and you are not getting anything out of the faucet and you are not able to pick up anything on the intake side of the pump.  You may well have a bad pump or is there an obstruction in the fresh tank outlet?  Recently, someone found large pieces of plastic stuck in the pump intake tubing.  Remove that tubing and inspect it.  You can also force air up into the fresh tank to try to dislodge something in there.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    I had a similar experience with my 2017 while de-winterizing it over the weekend.  I hooked up the city water and filled the lines and water heater with that and then flushed the system.  Then I filled up the fresh water tank and turned on the pump.  The pump ran and ran but never got very loud and never shut off.  As soon as I opened the kitchen sink faucet and started putting a demand on the pump it started working.  Maybe that might be all you have to do.  

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    I just got home and will keep working on it later this week, but I did open faucets and try flushing the toilet. I think since it wouldn't even pull water through the 18" tube which had no obstructions that the pump is not working. My one last thing is to fill the tube with water first and then see if the pump will pull the water. Thanks for your ideas.