Help Needed: Tank and Battery Level Buttons

Hello everyone! I need your help.

The buttons to check the tanks and battery levels are stuck in the depressed position. Any advice on how to get them to release back to normal? 

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    320 or 400?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Bessie said:
    . . .  buttons to check the tanks and battery levels are stuck in the depressed position.
    Are you sure all buttons are stuck?
       It would be very odd if that is the case, not a typical failure mode.

Please describe what is occurring; for example.
     -  Battery shut-off is on, T@B on Battery power
     -  Or T@B is on shore power
     -  Monitor Display reads  ? ? ?
     -  Press Button Name, monitor display reads ? ? ?

T@B's have two different make Tank Monitors installed;  SeeLevel and KIB.  Which type does your T@B use?
    In general yr-2019 units have the KIB and older 320 have SeeLevel.  I'm not sure what early year 400's have.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • BessieBessie Member Posts: 5
    320 or 400?
    It is a 2018 400. These are the buttons to the left of the door and beside the Alde control. They have all recessed. 
    Mutton, without getting into technical talk, it is as simple as the buttons are recessed. This occurred overnight while on shore power. 

I was hopeful that this was a known issue with a simple solution. I may end up taking the four screws out to remove the panel. I really don't want to do that if there is another solution.
    @Bessie, I assume you have the KIB system.  I searched the forum and did not find a good picture.  Can you post a picture?
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Bessie said:
    . . . is as simple as the buttons are recessed. This occurred overnight while on shore power. 

. . . may end up taking the four screws out to remove the panel.
    Does sound like something inside the panel has slipped or come undone.  Believe your idea of removing the screws is the best next step.  Should be pretty of wire slack to allow you to inspect how the panel is held together.

As @Sharon_is_SAM said, a 400 most likely has the KIB panel, something like this:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

2019 T@B 400. The first photo shows the button above each tank name. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @Bessie
    Some times those flat rubberlike buttons can get pushed sideways just a little and get caught on the surround.  If the depressed buttons seem to be "cocked" a bit to one side you can try using a ballpoint pen to gently push the button in and wiggle it around a bit.  If the top of the button is trapped under the surround it will pop black out.
    Thanks for the picture @Verna.  Now I can see those buttons.  @Bessie, let us know if the ballpoint pen vs removing the panel works to resolve this.
    Thanks everyone! We called NuCamp and described the circumstance. We had just picked up the T@B from storage in hot weather and then plugged into shore power with air conditioner on. 

Upon taking the panel off and inspecting, the glue holding the area with the buttons onto the panel had come apart. This is what the NuCamp tech expected.

We will try super glue tomorrow and hope that is the fix.

Have a fun and safe weekend.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Bessie Was the explanation that going from hot to cold relatively quickly caused the glue to separate from the plastic panel?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

jgram2 said:
    @Bessie Was the explanation that going from hot to cold relatively quickly caused the glue to separate from the plastic panel?
    Yes, and I do believe that to be the case. The temp outside has been in the mid-80's. We had the cover on so I imagine the temp inside was in the low 100's. When we brought the T@B home we set the air conditioning at 65. Either the heat or the quick cooling must have affected the glue. 

Upon opening the panel, two of the four connect points had separated from the back of the panel. A little superglue and a rubber band took care of it. Removed the rubber band after a few minutes and we are back to normal.

Glad it was that simple.

Now if I can get the glue off my fingers.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thanks @Bessie Although this is the first time I recall reading about this problem, it unlikely to be the last!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner