Options

Alde 3010 hot water

Is it possible to have hot water but no heat to cabin? It appears that is happening today. Had heat earlier today.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Yes.  If the set temperature of the thermostat is below ambient, you can still have hot water, but the glycol will not circulate through the convectors, so, no cabin heat.  The other possibility is a large air lock within the glycol chamber of the Alde, preventing the effective, heat distributing flow of the hot glycol.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MegaMega Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2019
    I had turned thermostat quite high and gave time for warm glycol to circulate. Didn’t seem to make a difference. This morning the vents are warm though. Lol. I also,set the day/night timer but hadn’t reset the clock after the winter. That may have had something to do with it. Thank you Sharon
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Mega, those time changes get me every time as I travel between my summer “home” and my winter get-away. It takes me about 30 minutes of coolness to remember I have entered a different time zone and I need to change the Alde clock. Brrrrr!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Mega, see what all that fancy technology does for us!  We keep it simple - no timer.  Just throw on a sweater until the Alde heats things up😁. Glad it was an easy fix!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I haven't played with the timer yet. I do set the temp lower in the morning, and higher in the early evening so it has time to get toasty before bedtime. I also carry a small ceramic heater in case I need more heat sooner. I don't do much hot weather camping yet, and this works well for me. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red