Filling water tank

New to this, what is the best way to fill water tank a Boondocks?
Do I need a special hose?
Thanks

Comments

  • mgreen2
    mgreen2 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2019
    most people have a drinking water hose to fill at home or where they find water available. if you are away for an extended time a 5 gallon carrier and a funnel comes in handy.
  • Fishman
    Fishman Member Posts: 15
    Do I need a special hose to get it in the fill spout?
  • Dalehelman
    Dalehelman Member Posts: 2,414
    A short length of flexible hose inserted the filler helps 10” to 12”. Also raising the front of the trailer as far as possible helps to allow air to escape for a more complete fill.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • N7SHG_Ham
    N7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    On 400 no raising of trailer required, it helps when asking questions to specify model and year. Camco makes a fill tube for this task for just a few bucks, very handy and an accessory I bought and use regularly unlike some things.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Fishman
    Fishman Member Posts: 15
    Thanks I'll do in the future.  2019  320 Boondock edge
  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,035
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • morey000
    morey000 Member Posts: 162
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ESUOOY   nothing special about it - but it does come with a spout- like a gas can does, where it sits upside down in the cap.  you flip it around and have a spout- which inserts right in the Fresh Water fill port.  Noted:  50 lbs is heavy to hold
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback
  • Trailpixie
    Trailpixie Member Posts: 203
    I use these 3 gallon water bricks to carry water. They are a great size. When they are full, they aren't too heavy and they interlock so they stack well. They feel really durable and haven't leaked yet. 

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016R9V4KM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

    I also use a siphon to get water out of these water bricks. This siphon is magic. I put the water brick on the tongue box and the siphon hose from the the water jug into the camper tank. By shaking the siphon up and down you initiate the siphon pump water. It auto-magically empties the water jug in 3 or 4 minutes. I need to tilt the jug a little bit to get all the water out of the bottom. 

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVAIL76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
    T@B 360 Black Canyon, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6, Maryland
    (previous 2018, T@B 320 Outback)