Options

Factory Battery Disconnect - sanity check

So, I have a factory installed disconnect.. I recently bought an a/b switch that is the same form factor and plan to replace the disconnect with it.. I just wanted to do a quick sanity check that if I remove the screws on teh battery disconnect, it won't like.. let some nuts on the inside fall through and screw stuff up will it?

(essentially, just want to be sure if I remove the screws on the disconnect, they'll go back in correctly without "dropping the nut" inside the guts of the trailer somewhere)

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

Comments

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I removed mine (and also moved the LP regulator) and found they were fastened with self tapping sheet metal screws.   I'm sure you will be OK.  Obviously you will want to disconnect the battery first.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    @klenger Thanks.. just wanted to be sure if anyone knew.
    ~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

• Options
    UPDATE: thanks again @klenger  It was just as you said. I happened to have gotten an A/B that exactly matched the footprint of the original on the trailer.. so much so that I removed the 4 screws but left the back plate stuck to the trailer (I think they sealed it with something) and was able to wire up the A/B and just stick it right back on the same back plate without having to re seal.

I now have 2 batteries I can swap between with a quick switch and it looks OEM.

~Tananda

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    A disconnect is a good thing for sure...  Our T@b 2016 came with the fuse container by the battery, the idea being that you flipped the little lid and pulled the fuse out.  In our case, we weren't told about it and we happily left the dealer and rode off for home.  It was only after an unspecified number of days, that we found we had a dead battery... 

The School of Hard Knocks welcomes all.  Large spacious classrooms with plenty of seating available.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Ahhh, @TerryV6... the good old days. These newer model owners are coddled with all their fancy disconnects, tank monitors, and built-in solar. It used to be considered an important T@B right of passage to kill your first battery!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    You know, back in the day, we didn't have no truck with any of this factory new fangled items.  We made our own.  2 pieces of cardboard, some chicken wire, maybe some duct tape and we'd have a new addition inside the camper.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    LOL @TerryV6 and  @ScottG   

Yeah and we towed our trailers up hill .. both ways .. in the snow.. with our bare hands.. and no shoes..
    ~Tananda