Options

Inexepensive Refrigerator Thermometer

BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
edited June 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
I picked up this Refrigerator & Freezer thermometer (by Mainstays) at my local Wal*Mart last month.  Found it in the kitchen gadgets (household essentials) aisle.  It works perfectly in the Norcold 3-way refrigerator in my 2019 320S.  It comes with two small suction cups, but I did not even try using those since I figured they probably would not hold well.  However, it has two metal clips on the back that snap nicely and securely in place on the wire shelf inside the refrigerator.  Tested it out during our last camping trip and it really helped me get my refrigerator temperature dialed in.  To confirm its accuracy, I have had it in my home refrigerator for the past two weeks and it is reading the temperature accurately.  The thermometer only goes up to 80 degrees fahrenheit, so I keep it in my house when the camper is in storage in the Arizona heat.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fridge-and-Freezer-Thermometer/37649933

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Looks like your frig is doing the job.   Good tip!  👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    That's the same one my wife picked up for our ARB.  Maybe we should get another one for the T@B frig.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    BrianZ said:
    That's the same one my wife picked up for our ARB.  Maybe we should get another one for the T@B frig.
    Does the arb not have a digital thermometer display?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Yes, @4ncar, it does, but it appears to only reflect temps at the very bottom or coldest spot, not at the center or upper parts.  The ARB might tell you that it's several degrees below freezing, while this manual thermometer would reveal it's 6 to 8 degrees above freezing, for example, at a higher location just above center.  So, it's good to have an independent check of temps at other locations to really know what's going on inside the box.  Of course, it may also depend on how full it is, with a fuller (but not too full) frig showing more uniform temps.
    The T@B frig may show a similar issue, where items close to or under the cooling elements may freeze, while items farther away &/or higher up do not.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods