Options

Outdoor hose access T@B 400

Where do I gain access to the outdoor shower hose and fittings on a T@B 400?
While sanitizing the water system I turned on all the taps to distribute the bleach/water solution. When I turn on the outdoor shower I get leakage outside the trailer from the floor in three places (in front of the sanitary drains, at the frame front yoke and over the entry step). There is no leakage while using any of the other taps or the toilet. I assume the outdoor shower hose or its connection must be at fault and would rather not randomly remove panels and such to find out where the access is located?

Comments

• Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Although I have never taken it apart, it looks to me like you'd need to dismantle all or part of the bathroom sink assembly to get at the back side of the outside shower.  This is probably best left for the dealer.  If you want to do it yourself, you might be better off going at this from the outside.  You should be able to remove the faucet knobs and then the screws fastening the outside shower assembly to the wall and pull it out.  Then you can check the faucet and shower head connections for tightness.  Then you can reverse the steps.  You'll need some mineral spirits to clean off the old butyl tape and a fresh roll of the same to reseal and an xacto knife to trim any excess.  But it's not hard.  I did this on my old trailer and the outside shower looks to be the same.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    NicomeklNicomekl Member Posts: 5
    Mission accomplished. I removed the outside shower control box and found the fitting on the end of the hose to be loose. Once the fitting was secured I ran water through the outdoor shower nozzle and there was no more leakage. All that was left was to remove the old caulk and reinstall the box assembly. There is no need to remove any inside panels or trim to access the outdoor shower hose assembly.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Good catch, @Nicomekl.
    Was this a threaded fitting that just needed a little snugging up, or had one of the permanent connections failed? Threaded fittings working themselves loose seem to be a common issue, particularly when they are in relatively inaccessible locations.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited June 2019
    The outdoor shower hose has a threaded fitting requiring a pair of crescent wrenches or pliers to tighten. Also on the backside of the housing are the hose ends for the hot and cold water which are designed to be hand tightened.
  • Options
    That that would be hose ends not hoes ends thanks to autocorrect.
  • Options
    ArizonayetiArizonayeti Member Posts: 26
    @Nicomekl I now have the same issue you had before.  When I use the outdoor shower, I get water draining out from under the trailer. However, my outdoor shower control box is caulked in place.  How were you able to remove the box?  Thanks for your help. 
    2020 T@B 400 BL w/solar.  TV 2018 4Runner w/ Fox 2" lift. 
  • Options

When the outdoor shower control panel door is opened there are four screws visible. Remove these screws and carefully pull the housing outwards, the caulk seal should break. A thin plastic spatula or putty knife can be carefully used to break the caulking seal if needed. Once the housing is removed clean up the caulking on the housing and the side with a mineral based solvent and it will be ready to reinstall with new caulking when the leak is fixed.