Options

"Upgrade Pole" for T@B awning

Has anyone purchased the $25 upgrade pole for the T@B awning from Pahaque?  The pole attaches to the awning at the top center points front & back extending 8'.  Does it really help prevent pooling water and stability of the awning?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,432
    Nope, but I'm interested in hearing reports as well! A few sections of my main pole partially split in heavy winds recently, so I'd consider getting one when I order replacements.
    I will say that I've used the awning in heavy rain and never found pooling to be a problem so long as it is kept tight. I do think the upgrade pole might help relieve some of the tension on the straps, however.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Except...
    I can't seem to find that item on PahaQue's web site. @SharonK, can you point me in the right direction?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22
    @ScottG - I called PahaQue because I couldn't find it on their website, either. That's because it isn't there.  You have to call them and ask for it.  They do have it in stock as of yesterday.  I am going to order it and will let you know how it is.
  • Options
    Got it--thanks, SharonK. I'll look forward to your evaluation!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Another question...
    Do you know how the pole attaches? It seems it would need a pocket or some other structure to keep it in place, particularly on the awning side.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22
    @ScottG - there are 2 pockets that have to be sewn on - one on the camper side and one on the awning (pole) side.  The kit includes the pockets as well as a product to put on the stitching so it won't damage the waterproof function.   There is a YouTube video on the PahaQue website under "How to Repair" section for Roof Pole Installation.   
  • Options
    Ahhh, now I get it!
    I just went to order the replacement sections for the main pole and found the shipping to be in excess of twice the price of the poles. For some reason they don't allow replacement pole orders by phone, and you apparently can't order the upgrade pole on the web site. Seems a little wonky to me. I've sent them a note to see if there is some way I can combine to two orders and hopefully optimize my shipping costs.
    2015 T@B S