Options

How to turn on the water heater on a TaB 400

Hi, I've got a new TaB 400 and I cannot get hot water out of the faucets.  The water heater is NOT on Bypass.  Is there a switch I need to flip or do I need to check the fuse box?  Thanks for your help.
Bob & Irene  2003 F150 V6-Manual
2018 TAB 400
Nashville, TN.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Read this:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8830/no-hot-water-out-of-taps

Alde 3020 Manual 

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/dt/uk37upz26vbd.pdf

Have you opened your hot water tap and made sure the Alde tank is filled?

Turn on the Alde, turn on the ‘shower” icon by pressing “+” until the control box is fully shaded.   If you have done this - wait 30 minutes.  Can you tell if the pipes out of the Alde are warm?  (See Alde instructions and manual below.). If the Alde is heating, it is either you need to wait longer or you need to adjust the mixing valve.

2. Normal operation. If hot water is required, press the ”+” button (the symbol will then be half-shaded). If the 10.12 (Floor heating*) func- tion has been set to Cont., this option cannot be selected. When only hot water is required, e.g., during the summer or when no heating is needed, no settings need to be made; the hydronic heating system handles this function automatically.

3. Extra hot water. If you need more hot water, the water temperature can be temporarily increased to about 149 °F/65 °C. Press the ”+” button so that the symbol is fully shaded (black). The hydronic heating system returns to normal operation after 30 minutes. Once you have selected Extra Hot tge Alde glycol circulation pump stops.

If the 2.10 sect. 12 (Floor heating*) function is set at Cont., the continuous  pump operation function is turned off for 30 minutes, but returns thereafter to continuous pump operation.

If an Alde Flow* (part no. 3020 163) is installed and the panel is in extra hot water mode, up to 1 gallon (3.78 liters)/minute of hot water can be supplied. The hot water function can then remain in operation for longer than 30 minutes.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Also, if you have the newer digital panel, you can see if water is heating in the service mode, it shows both glycol and water temperatures (at the boiler), if it is hot there, then you at least know the boiler is working.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite