Options

Installing Progressive Industries ems-lchw30

The instructions ask if the air conditioner (Danby) has a time delay built in. The Danby manual does not specify. The jumper in the EMS is set differently depending on the air conditioner. I am assuming since the air conditioner manual does not mention a time delay that that means there is not one and I use the 132 second delay. Thoughts?
Mickey & Terri
2016 Max S
Kalamazoo Michigan

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2019
    @mandt, before installing my EMS-HW30C this past March, I called Progressive about this question.  A tech there told me that the 15 second delay is fine for newer A/C units and I should be fine with the default factory setting (i.e., 15 seconds.)  Therefore, I did not move the jumper to the 136 second delay.  I left it as I received it from the factory (default.)  Surprisingly (or maybe not?), although I have a 2019 T@B 320S Boondock Lite, purchased in December 2018, my A/C was manufactured in May 2017!  Regardless, I believe 2017 falls within the "newer" category.

Also, I did see in my Danby manual (Model #DAC050BAUWDB) at the bottom of page 2, Table 2 (Receptacle and Fuse Types), it states, "Time Delay Fuse (or Circuit Breaker) - - Plug Type."  Also, the manufacturer label on the side of my Danby advises, "USE A 15 AMP TIME DELAY FUSE OR CIRCUIT BREAKER," and "If the power supply cord is damaged, it cannot be repaired.  It must be replaced with a new cord obtained from the product manufacturer."  My guess is that the manufacturer does not want you to replace the plug with a standard (non-protected) power cord.

Although I cannot recall specifically going back to look at the Danby electrical plug, which is located outside the A/C compartment on the side facing the back of the camper, I believe it has a built in protector (similar to a GFCI with a re-set button.)  My camper is in storage, so I can't go check to confirm that.  However, I have a photo of that plug (from a distance), and I can see what I believe is a re-set button.  Take a look at yours and see if I am correct.

If in doubt, give Danby a call.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
    Thanks Bayliss. Your answer was very helpful.
    Mickey & Terri
    2016 Max S
    Kalamazoo Michigan