Options

road trip NH to TX, and back

nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
edited April 2020 in Camping & Travel
After several years of weekend trips around N.E. we finally took a more substantial road trip this spring.  The trip was beyond awesome.  I thought I'd share what we used for equipment.   2016 T@b cs-s max.  TV 2014 Subaru outback, 4 cyl., CVT.  Tekonsha 90250 prodigy rf brake controller.  Group 29 battery.  Maintained trailer tire pressure at 42 lbs.  Self imposed speed limit 64 mph.  Traveled 4711 miles, averaged 16.12 mpg.  Changed Subaru oil in Texas (roughly half way).  My wife planned ahead for campgrounds so driving times were reasonably balanced and needed supplies were on hand.
In addition to a spectacular trip of beautiful scenery mixed in with visiting several friends, we had no mechanical issues with the Subaru or the T@b.  This of course made the trip all the better.  I wondered how the Subaru would do.  Excellent.  The T@b was totally dependable.  Whether on the Blue Ridge Parkway or driving through city congestion driving was a joy.   We even used the Alde heat in PA where it was 27 degrees in the morning.  When we woke up in the morning we had condensation dripping from the ceiling because we didn't think to vent the trailer while we were sleeping.  Lesson learned.  
Headed up the Maine coast next weekend.
2016 cs-s max

Comments