bed modification for tall people in the TAB 320 CS

RunnersRunners Posts: 12Member
edited July 8 in Modifications & Upgrades
Just wondering how tall people and esp as a couple sleep in the TAB 320 CS. We went and checked it out and we will have to figure out something so I figured ask all the pros here. :) Would love to hear what you have done and a picture if possible. Thanks in advance!!! 

Edited to change “329” to be “320” for search purposes—I do that typo frequently!—Verna [email protected] Admin

Comments

• RunnersRunners Posts: 12Member
  • PedlinPTPedlinPT Posts: 9Member
    My wife and I wanted the CS but as I am 6'3, there was not much of a chance to go that option. We ended up with a 320S, the wife modified the beds to resemble two(2) beds with open between us to make night time errands much easier.
    Memory foam and a self inflating mattress pad from LL Bean and we are sleeping fantastic.
    I am able to place my feet in the rear flip up storage bin area and have no issues.
    I suppose you could design a platform for your head/feet for the CS model out of pvc or similar if you have your heart set on the outdoor kitchen.

• DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Posts: 209Member
    I'm 6'2 and just kind of sleep "wheel to wheel" in my 320s.. I'm a "side sleeper" and curl up a bit anyway so it works for me.. but if I really wanted to, I would whip up a bit of a "bench" to extend the passenger side seat a bit wider and put a twin size memory foam on it front to back and hang my feet off the edge by the door...

The guy at around 7:20 in Mandy Lea's "25 more ideas" video did what I would do ... way better than I would have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14-mQaTa6v8
    ~Tananda

2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Posts: 209Member
    So interestingly I decided mabe I want to look into this and went out to my unit and measured.. I don't know where that guy got "twin size" cuz twin is 39" wide and .. there's not enough room for two twins. My guess is he did "cot sized" or something.. he said he extended 5.5" width.. I measure my seat depth at 22, so 5" would make it 27".. To go Twin size, it would actually extend past the middle / past the table post.

I am still thinking of doing this but owuld take a twin memory foam and trim it down.. I could make a 13"wide, 32" long "bench" at 12" and that would fit in just up next to the table post without getting in the way.. giving me a 35" wide place to sleep and leaving the other side (driver side" clear with enough of a "goat path" that would likely work for my needs

I'd just have to trim down the memory foam a bit..

Just tested it out and my feet dangle comfortably by the door. I'm not as good a woodworker as that guy in the video so I don't think I'm going to attempt it with birch.. will head to Lowes after work .. and/or might try mocking it up with some junk wood I have lying around... then see about something less spendy than birch.. something I'm less likely to regret messing up.

Still this is a really compelling idea.. I really do like where it's going for my needs

~Tananda

2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

@DigitalSorceress ya I figured they must be quite narrow. My husband wants to keep it as one bed, but 2 would help the getting up at night. We’ll have to figure it out. Thanks for your input. 
    @PedlinPT I like the idea of two beds for the reason of making it easier to get up at night as well. 
  • PedlinPTPedlinPT Posts: 9Member
    Our bed mod including memory foam and LL Bean self inflating mattress.