2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    CamakCamak Member Posts: 15
    Will this be on sale soon?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2019
    Looks pretty slick!

Took a bit of sleuthing to get to it. Their website is not very 'done'. 

Don't look under "Awnings"!
    Don't look under "Tab"!

Look under Teardrop Accessories! (Wish they showed colors!)

https://allproadventures.com/collections/teardrop-accessories/products/new-tab-320-awning
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I spoke with the young man at All Pro about the awning. It does still have fiberglass poles. It is a quality unit, at a lesser price than the competition. 

But the Isabella awning ($859) uses aluminum poles. I helped put one of the Isabella awnings up at ùCamp19 and it is great. Everything fits perfectly and one person can put it up.  Very sturdy, but the entire awning and poles only weigh 18 lbs.  I’m saving up for it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    I've been trying to decide which to get first, awning or visor, so when I saw this I also looked at the Teardrop Shop and their awning is $445. They're also running a 10% discount. Any opinions/experience on which of these would be the better buy in the long run?
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135

We purchased one of the prototype awnings from Elton at All Pro Adventures at the UCamp19 swap meet.  We are very happy with it's quality and sturdiness. After purchasing, we worked with Elton to make a few improvements to the awning, and he was very accommodating and great to work with. The rib poles are aluminum and the pole through the front of the awning is fiberglass.  It has held up nicely through rain and wind, and is a great choice for the price.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    edited July 2019
    This may not be relevant if your priority is sun protection in warm weather, but I really like the roll down sides on by the PahaQue awning when I want to keep out rain, chilly breezes, or (used in combination with screen panels) biting insects.
    I do like the horizontal support poles on the All Pro model. Much less droopy than the PahaQue, but it looks like you still need to to stake out lines from the front of the awning.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    The roll-down sides are a plus for me as well. Agree on the horizontal support poles but maybe the droop can be minimized with some creative staking.
  • Options
    reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    driftless said:

We purchased one of the prototype awnings from Elton at All Pro Adventures at the UCamp19 swap meet.  We are very happy with it's quality and sturdiness. After purchasing, we worked with Elton to make a few improvements to the awning, and he was very accommodating and great to work with. The rib poles are aluminum and the pole through the front of the awning is fiberglass.  It has held up nicely through rain and wind, and is a great choice for the price.
    Thank you driftless for posting this and it is good to hear about your experience with the awning and the All Pro folks.  I sent All Pro an email yesterday with questions and Elton wrote back with the info below.  I agree with Scott G that the side panels and the ability to add a front screen or panel would be nice so maybe they will consider these additions.

Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I'm glad to see another company coming out with these for our Tabs--more choices --Hopefully more pleasant customer service.   Looks like you got a good, informed answer within a short time period--good customer service. 
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    I've been trying to decide which to get first, awning or visor, so when I saw this I also looked at the Teardrop Shop and their awning is $445. They're also running a 10% discount. Any opinions/experience on which of these would be the better buy in the long run?

I don't see the 10% discount.  Is it on the site?  Thanks.

2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    @GatorEgg, yes, it was a pop-up screen where you had to sign up for something to get the discount. Maybe it was only running for a specific time.