Bluetooth and Apple ear pods.

kimmerfnpkimmerfnp Member Posts: 19
Does anyone know if the JWM70A is compatible for Bluetooth with Apple ear pods?  I haven’t been able to pair them. 
Thx
Kim

Comments

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @kimmerfnp, I have not tried out the bluetooth connection on my Jensen, but see if this thread helps you resolve the issue:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/5909/jensen-radio-will-not-pair-with-bluetooth-devices-solved-see-last-post-for-detail
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• kimmerfnpkimmerfnp Member Posts: 19
    Thx. I did see that link. The Jensen pairs with my iPhone but no luck with Air pods. Just wondering if they were compatible. Thx so much for your reply. 
    Kim
  • klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I do not believe the Jensen is intended to be used to play Jensen audio through bluetooth earphones.  I think the bluetooth interface is intended to be used to stream audio/music from a phone or other device to the Jensen to play through the Jensen's speakers.   
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Klenger hit it perfect.....the jensen is a end user device and not a source,   far as bluetooth goes.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Correct.  Put another way, the Jensen is a Bluetooth receiver only; it is not a Bluetooth transmitter. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    You can purchase a Bluetooth transmitter that will fit the RCA output of the stereo.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
    larrygon said:
    You can purchase a Bluetooth transmitter that will fit the RCA output of the stereo.
    True. But probably better to use the headphone mini jack.  Otherwise, you have to pull the head unit out of the wall to access the RCA jacks.
    Thx to you all for clarifying for me.
    kim
    One more question. I saw there are Bluetooth transmitters with USB end. Do you think that would work plugged into USB port of stereo?
    edited July 2019
    kimmerfnp said:
    One more question. I saw there are Bluetooth transmitters with USB end. Do you think that would work plugged into USB port of stereo?
    I don’t think any Bluetooth solution is going to be convenient.  Both the USB port and the 3.5mm jack on the front of the Jensen head unit are inputs, not outputs.  So, you can’t plug a transmitter into either one.  The only audio outputs are on the back of the head unit, which means you have to pull the head unit out of the wall to access them.  Once you’ve done so, then you have to put the head unit back in which means you can no longer access the transmitter to charge it.  You really are better off using another audio device if you want private listening.  The Jensens are not designed for it. 

You could punch a hole in the wall and run RCA cables or an optical S/PDIF cable from the back of the Jensen to a place where you can access the output easily, but this strikes me as a lot of unnecessary work. 
  • larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    JEB said:
    Once you’ve done so, then you have to put the head unit back in which means you can no longer access the transmitter to charge it.  
    If you are pulling the head unit out and installing a BT adapter, you can run power to it as well.
    Bottom line is that if you want BT for headphones on this particular unit, you will need to do some modifications. Unfortunately it will not be just plug and play.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @larrygon I am not familiar with apple products,   please enlighten me on how she selects the source for sound from the jensen  external bluetooth transmiter on her bluetooth earbuds.    

I can see being able to link to the external transmitter from a phone tablet or laptop.  Just not directly to the earbuds

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    larrygon said:
    JEB said:
    Once you’ve done so, then you have to put the head unit back in which means you can no longer access the transmitter to charge it.  
    If you are pulling the head unit out and installing a BT adapter, you can run power to it as well.
    This isn’t workable long term.  Every time you need to pair a new device you’d still need to get access to the transmitter.