How do you handle your wet bathroom floor?

_JB__JB_ Posts: 10Member
A bit embarrassed to ask about this one, but I haven't discovered an elegant solution to it yet so I thought I would ask all you seasoned travelers...

The wet bath in our 400 is new experience for our family of three. We find that even when we are level, water pools a bit around the shower pan after a quick shower. This can be a bit uncomfortable for the next person to use the toilet or brush teeth. Have to pull off socks and stand or sit in little puddles, then dry feet so there aren't muddy feet in the walkway before bed. 

I supposed we could just keep a separate towel handy to dry the floor each time or soak up the water. Also thought about trying to find some kind of custom-fit teak wood mat. 

What works well for you all?

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Posts: 148Member
    A squeegee works well followed by a microfiber cloth. 
    2018 [email protected] 400 with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • jkjennjkjenn Posts: 5,310Member
    DenisP said:
    A squeegee works well followed by a microfiber cloth. 
    I will squeegee my walls, especially when camping in the east, too. 

Jenn Grover | 2015  [email protected] 320 S Silver/Turquoise Trim | 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk v6 | Nights spent in [email protected]: 187 | Pittsburgh PA

• jgram2jgram2 Posts: 1,281Member
    I think @Verna mentioned using a slatted bamboo shower mat.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    [email protected]@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘06 V8 4Runner 

• EmergencyKenEmergencyKen Posts: 24Member
    Here’s what we did for our 320, not sure if it’d work for a 400 or not.  We used a recycled flip-flop door mat and cut it to size.  It also doesn’t get as cold as the floor on those chilly mornings. 
    Cleveland, OH
    2019 Tab 320-S ([email protected])
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

• VernaVerna Posts: 5,151Administrator
    A slatted teak shower mat from Amazon is wonderful while taking the shower. Then I squeegee the teak mat and the floor, followed by using a microfiber cloth to dry the black cover for the water pipes, the chrome on the shower wand holder, the teak mat and finally all the floor. 

If you don’t follow with the wiping down after squeegee, yes, your feet will get wet and you’ll track wet footprints on the floor. 

Also I found that leaving a soaking wet towel or microfiber cloth in the closed up bathroom is a good way for the towel or cloth to “go sour” (that was the term my parents always used). I installed hooks outside the bathroom door and use plastic clips to hang the wet towels or cloths so they can dry properly. 
    Verna, Indianapolis, IN, living full time in my 2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock Lite white/red, towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost; [email protected] Administrator

• b407driverb407driver Posts: 75Member
    I use a strong paper towel ('Shop Towel', blue), mop it up, squeeze into drain, repeat until dry-ish. Don't try that with RV toilet paper, it gets kinds gross fast (can you say: 'papier mache'?).

We always turn the vent fan on with the shower curtain in shower mode (i.e. spread out as much as possible), and it's usually dry within 20 minutes (summer).
    2020 [email protected] Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Deb55Deb55 Posts: 31Member
    I have a squeegee and a large sponge in the bathroom, and leave an absorbent bathmat outside the bathroom door. Plus I use the bathroom in bare feet or flip flops.
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Posts: 44Member
    Verna said:

Also I found that leaving a soaking wet towel or microfiber cloth in the closed up bathroom is a good way for the towel or cloth to “go sour” (that was the term my parents always used). I installed hooks outside the bathroom door and use plastic clips to hang the wet towels or cloths so they can dry properly. 
    Wouldn’t it be great if that bathroom porthole window opened to get some air moving through?
    2020 [email protected] 400 BDL ordered, roll out 8/1 fingers crossed!
    2016 F-150 4x4 Crew, 3.5L Ecoboost
    Middle Tennessee
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 2,490Administrator
    edited July 18
    _JB_ said:
    A bit embarrassed to ask about this one, but I haven't discovered an elegant solution to it yet so I thought I would ask all you seasoned travelers...

The wet bath in our 400 is new experience for our family of three. We find that even when we are level, water pools a bit around the shower pan after a quick shower. This can be a bit uncomfortable for the next person to use the toilet or brush teeth. Have to pull off socks and stand or sit in little puddles, then dry feet so there aren't muddy feet in the walkway before bed. 

I supposed we could just keep a separate towel handy to dry the floor each time or soak up the water. Also thought about trying to find some kind of custom-fit teak wood mat. 

What works well for you all?

We use the teak shower grate too.  I place a large RV travel mat outside the trailer to minimize dirt and small stones inside, plus I remove my shoes when possible before entering the trailer at the end of the day.  I’ve also set the trailer up so that it is slightly off center and leans just a tad toward the door so water flows toward the shower Floor drain in the 400. 

When showering we leave a small micro-fiber rug outside the bath area to step on after drying off.  I always shake the excess water off the shower curtain and use a dedicated towel to further dry it and the front wall area. I flip the teak platform over too, rinse it off with the hand wand, dry it and lean it up against the wall.  I then dry the floor with the towel and hang it up to dry.  We have 4 wall hooks in the shower area for hanging clothing and towels and it works great.  We had the extra hooks installed when the trailer was built.  
    Mike Smith 
    Linden, Mi
    2015 [email protected] Max S
    Attached Image