Options

CSS

ImawandererImawanderer Member Posts: 2
edited July 2019 in Products and Accessories
How much does the Boondock lift the kitchen on the CSS? Will my 5'2" wife be able to utilize the rear kitchen without bumping her chin on the counter?  🙃

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    About 3-4 inches.  I saw someone at uCamp that used a short step.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    She will definitely want a step / platform.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    edited July 2019
    How much does the Boondock lift the kitchen on the CSS? Will my 5'2" wife be able to utilize the rear kitchen without bumping her chin on the counter?  🙃
    I'm 5'0" and with a regular (non Boondock) clamshell I can't use the right side of the counter (over the fridge) for any prepwork. I imagine your slightly taller wife would have the same issue with slightly higher Boondock edition. I have a cover made out of HDPE that I put over the burners to use as a work surface.  I suppose you could also solve the problem by taking over kitchen duty. 😆
    But seriously, if you want to get a Boondock edition I would see if you can get NuCamp to build it with the T@G-style kitchen (flush counter, roll-out 12v cooler). I think that's how NuCamp should be building these, anyways.

Work surface made from King StarBoard HDPE

Me at the kitchen. You can see that the right side is too high to use as work surface.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab