Options

Fuzzy Window Shade Seals

While at the nuCamp rally this year I was able to pick up the fuzzy inserts that upgrade our window's bug-proofing. (Thank You Elsie) While I like to think that I am reasonably handy, the installation process has me baffled. Apparently these things do not snap in. Do they need to be glued? If so, on which surface? 

While on the window shade subject... Are the black and white strings supposed to be on the inside (exposed) or the outside (hidden) of the white nylon strap?
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    edited July 2019
    It seems as though the problem has already been resolved,  see note from "Sharon is SAM" below.
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing

• Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114

After reading the instructions below, and using the putty knife method, I had this mod done in less than 30 minutes. In order to prevent gouging or scratching I used a plastic putty knife. (My front window (320) already had the fuzzies installed.)

Once again thank You forum members.

Check out the 3rd page of this TaB forum post. Just remove the long, white strip of thin plastic that rests under the black and white cord. That reveals a groove. Use the removed strip as a template to cut the Bug Fuzz to the same length. Start with one end of the new Fuzz and place the edge into the groove closest to the cords. Use a putty knife to push the opposite Fuzz edge into the groove - seats itself nicely. Slide that up all the way, then start the lower edge in the same manner. By sliding the Fuss up then down, you are able to clear the upper and lower edges of the window track that does not allow access with the putty knife. Very easily done. Good luck.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6965/mosquito-fix-for-t-b-windows/p3

Sharon | Cleveland Heights, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS

Gerri (Gary) Ewing

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited July 2019
    Mine (2015) never had the plastic insert in the groove to begin with. Makes me wonder why they (nuCamp or window shade manufacturer Horrex) bothered with the plastic insert rather than just upgrading directly to the fuzz.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Great job @BogieMeister, I still have to put mine in.  Got them about a week ago.  I’ve read most of the discussions in the past on this.  Just been lazy I guess.  In reference to your initial question, the answers are out there.  Just takes time digging them out with the right search question.  Good idea about the plastic tool..
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI