Options

Clear bra on a T@B400

Has anyone had or looked in to having clear bra applied to the front of their T@B? The CO roads seem to have debris on them all year, or so it seems from our extended ice season and sand/salt dispersal, and car windows get punished. I will be getting my TV windows tinted soon and thought why not have them clear bra the camper upper to about 18" above the front window. TIA
2018 T@B400
2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
and two furry bed hogs
Colorado

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Other than cost, I can't think of any reason not to protect as much of the front of your trailer as you can. Please post some pictures and your opinion of the results when you get it done!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Great idea.  Back in the eighties we spent a lot of time on the interstates in the family vehicles.  I had vinyl "bras" on all of them.  It protected them well.  I only put them on for the long trips.  If you left them on as many did it would cause problems.  A definite paint shade line, scratches from dirt/sand under the bra and wear if the attaching points were not tight.  I've been pondering ideas to make one for our 320 front window.  It seems a vulnerable spot.  I've seem the post on here with the piece of plastic but I'm not ready to start gluing hardware store stuff to my fine rig.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    We are adding the front window protection today.  A broken window really would mess up a trip.  Thanks @Dalehelman!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    COHiker06COHiker06 Member Posts: 25
    I'm hoping to go by the shop this weekend if I get my homeowner chores done and get a response from the guys as to how much it would cost or if they recommend it.
    2018 T@B400
    2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
    and two furry bed hogs
    Colorado
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Is the clear bra a spray on type protectant?  

I had had a custom made vinyl bra (with soft inner fabric material) made for my Silver Shadow teardrop back in 2015 for our trip up to Alaska.  This bra covered the front of the trailer and I had a pocket sewn in across the front to protect the stargazer window as I had taken a rock hit on another trailer while traveling through Helena, Montana on my way down to Yellowstone.  Inasmuch as the bra did provide rock and debris protection along the ALCAN Highway I was sorry I used it as there were rub marks from the fabric.  With that said, I would never use a vinyl style bra on a trailer as wind will whip the material and it will result in damaged paint. 
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    XenanMeXenanMe Member Posts: 74
    We added a clear 3M film to the front of our 400 after we got a rock chip in the gel coat.  I purchased the film on Amazon and carefully applied it.  You can’t even tell it is there and has prevented any further rock dents.  Also makes it much easier to remove dead bugs.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    I just saw this in Trailer Life magazine:
       www.buggbanner.com
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    ObiruObiru Member Posts: 25
    COHiker06 said:
    Has anyone had or looked in to having clear bra applied to the front of their T@B? The CO roads seem to have debris on them all year, or so it seems from our extended ice season and sand/salt dispersal, and car windows get punished. I will be getting my TV windows tinted soon and thought why not have them clear bra the camper upper to about 18" above the front window. TIA
    Pic of the clear bra please  :o
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Had the 3M clear bra applied to my TV by the dealer.  After a few years, dirt would accumulate wherever the bra surface was breached from a rock strike, small tear, etc.  The only way to remove the dirt was to remove the entire bra.  This was a slow, time consuming task I would not want to repeat.  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.