Water Draining from Fresh Water Tank to Outside Through Hose Connector

Hi. When I turn on the water pump in our 400 water begins to drain out of the city water hose connector. Has anyone experienced this problems before and, if so, how did you fix? Thank you.   

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    There is a check valve as part of the city water port that is supposed to prevent this from happening. It sounds like yours is defective or at least stuck.
    This issue has popped up a few times before. I think some have replaced the port--it's not technically difficult but getting it out may be a challenge depending on how much slack is in the line, and whether you can access it from behind. I'm not sure exactly how the 400s are configured.
    Alternatively, asimple workaround might be to just replace the cap with a tightly sealing screw-on plug like this. I think somebody made that solution work as well.

2015 T@B S
  • grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    Yes, I believe it is caused by a bad valve in the city water connection.  There is supposed to be a one way check valve that stops the water but mine was bad when the camper was brand new.  I am currently using a plug to stop the water when using the tank but I am going to get this fixed under warranty when I have the chance.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • FerdFerd Member Posts: 16
    Thank you both very much for your responses. I appreciate it.
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    The one way valve is to prevent questionable water from entering a public water source. I would guess most, if not all municipalities require it. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @MiquelCamo
    What you are referring to is a back flow preventer or vacuum brake. Different from this check valve. The check valve allows the water system to pressurize. Sometimes if it is just stuck it can be freed poking a small instrument into the opening.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun