Options

Temporarily drop trailer for a few hours

deek312deek312 Member Posts: 23
I have sort of an odd situation. We are taking my son to college in a couple of weeks and are taking our T@B 400 with us to camp (3 hours away - not local) after leaving him. The university allows no trailers when moving in your student. Any thoughts on where a person might safely leave a trailer for a few hours? My first thought is to call the local Dicks or Walmart and ask permission. 
Derek - Bloomsdale, MO - 2018 T@B 400 - 2018 GMC Sierra / 2017 Toyota 4-Runner

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,420
    You might check with the university itself--unless we are talking a downtown big city campus they may have an overflow lot (or at least a recommendation) nearby you could utilize. I suspect the prohibition has more to do with keeping trailers from clogging up the streets around the dorms.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG said:
    You might check with the university itself--unless we are talking a downtown big city campus they may have an overflow lot (or at least a recommendation) nearby you could utilize. I suspect the prohibition has more to do with keeping trailers from clogging up the streets around the dorms.
    It's the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa). You are absolutely right in suggesting I check with the university. They may provide some help. I have heard that their move-in procedure is like clockwork so I understand them not wanting trailers. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I would try posting here with the title,   Need a parking spot near Tuscaloosa AL for a couple of hours......Someone might offer,   I know I would feel better parking at a forum members house instead of a public parking lot.   

My other thought would be a paid parking lot with an attendant.  
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Cbusguy said:
    I would try posting here with the title,   Need a parking spot near Tuscaloosa AL for a couple of hours......Someone might offer,   I know I would feel better parking at a forum members house instead of a public parking lot.   

My other thought would be a paid parking lot with an attendant.  
    That is a fantastic idea! I'm new to both camping and to the forum so not always sure of myself and what my options are. Thanks!
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    When I moved my son out of the dorm I left the camper in the over flow lot

While I was waiting for my turn to go pick him up a campus officer came by to talk to me, but he really just wanted to see my little guy trailer. He had no problem with me parking there for a short period of time
  • Options
    Another thought for anyone interested. Call the local church... whichever denomination you are... we are Catholic so I called the local Catholic Church and they were very welcoming to let me drop my trailer for a few hours.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    deek312 said:
    ScottG said:
    It's the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa). You are absolutely right in suggesting I check with the university. They may provide some help. I have heard that their move-in procedure is like clockwork so I understand them not wanting trailers. Thanks for the input!
    There is a T@B owner in the Facebook group that is from Tuscaloosa. David Merzbacher. Might ask over there
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL