Options

Thank you!

karlakarla Member Posts: 1
This is my first post...wanted to say thank you first!  I have spent many hours reading and learning from all of you.  The information has helped me understand, appreciate and get more excited about progressing from tent camping to t@b camping!  I picked up my 2020 t@b 320 S this weekend :)  I look forward to more learning. And camping of course.  Laughter, love and camping!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Welcome to the forum @karla and congrats on the TaB.  It’s a lot of fun with our TaBs!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Welcome to the Tab family @karla! Driveway camp, use every system and plug and outlet. It’s a lot to learn and what confuses you now will be second nature next year! I promise!  You can learn how to dump your tanks just using hose water then dumping it on your lawn or plants. It’s easy!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Welcome to the forum and to the T@B @karla. I too transitioned from tent camping and this forum has been extremely helpful in learning about the T@B, various RV components and their functions. My advice is don't loose the tent camping mindset, ie: keep it simple and minimal and enjoy the Recreation part of RVing.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @webers3 that’s great advice! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Welcome aboard @Karla!  As noted above practice at home in the driveway for a bit, then enjoy a night out at a nearby campground for a dry run.  The first biggest hurdle will probably be getting use to backing the trailer into a site and positioning it where you want it to be.  Take it out to a large parking lot in a mall and get some practice in wide open spaces.  Try “the scoop” method of parking too as it makes things easier.   When you dive down into and out of the entrance of the spot you plan to back into (as the video shows), the key here is that once the end of the trailer is coming out you turn your tow vehicle back to the left-hand and this maneuver allows you to easily begin backing into the spot.  All of the above requires practice and as I have seen with so many over the years, you will be a pro eventually and will be back here helping others out.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLtfrBWzNCw

The Alde is another component on the trailer that requires repetitive use for you to feel comfortable.  Plenty of information here and always feel free to ask as members will help out.  

Happy Trails!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats and welcome to the fam!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014