Options

Unintentional front wall modification

Looks like I'm going to do a mod to the front wall above the sink on either side of the window. :o

I had put some clear helicopter tape around the window as a temporary fix for mosquitos getting in.  While installing the new no-see-em covers I sewed,  I removed the tape, only to remove the faux wood paper veneer around the window.  Be advised it is a very thin paper, probably heat bonded to luan or the adzel if they use it there.  I found others have pulled it off with painters tape, so it is very easy to damage.

I'm thinking of maybe 3d printing a silverware holder on the right lower side, and cellphone holder on the left lower side, matching the curve of the wall.  They may look very similar. :)

Most of the damage is above the wood strip in the middle of the panel, so I'll probably get some contact paper to cover.  Haven't found any I like so far with teardrops or outdoors/woodsy pattern.  Has anyone put contact paper over the faux wood, and found a pattern that looks good?
2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Ouch!  I don’t know why you couldn’t use contact paper. A lot of people use the lightweight stick on tiles, I think they’re plastic, on the kitchen walls to change the look. You could look into those. As far as attaching something to the wall that might hold something heavy you may want to rethink that.  Here is a picture of the Tab walls. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @db_cooper I have seen several really nice mods on the kitchen walls with the peel & stick tiles.  For myself at least, I don't trust that I could get contact paper square or not have wrinkles/bubbles, but I think the squares would be doable as long as one took their time and paid attention to detail. . .. 
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    COcamperCOcamper Member Posts: 43
    I recently put up faux shiplap (inside) and faux subway tile (CS kitchen) using peel /stick/reposition wallpaper on the walls that are not the faux wood. Give yourself tons of time, have patience, measure twice, cut once. It truly is repositionable. I am very , very happy with the result. It would be an easy, affordable, very lightweight & attractive solution to add to the entire front panel, think of it as an enhancement!

2017 CS-S Silver / Red Trim "Tuesd@y" | 2019 F-150 Abyss Gray | 13 States
    On Instagram: @dogmomming
  • Options
    TaterTater Member Posts: 134
    Can u tell me what wallpaper you used ?

thanks Palmer
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Tater, I stumbled upon this response from @COcamper inadvertently posted on the "Activity" page, so I cut and pasted it here for you:

COcamper
    Hi, I used 2 different peel and stick. I was very happy with the usability of the shiplap paper from Walmart, NuWallpaper brand. It was very forgiving.
    The subway tile paper from Target was "Devine color by Valspar' and extremely frustrating to work with.
    9:06AM
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    TaterTater Member Posts: 134
    wow...Thank you so much for finding that info. 
    2019 320S Boondock Edge