Options

Stove section comes loose

Our stove unit in the 320 has been sliding over a bit.  I've found the four screws under the black rubber buttons on top.  I tried to center the stove and then retighten the screws.  Taking the vertical panel off on the left of the fridge, I can see that the connectors are just the ordinary clips like a kitchen unit. 
After a while though, it gets loose again.  I wonder if one or more clips have flipped or rotated a bit.  I'm hesitant to loose them too much because the clip will fall off.  Do I have to do something to the fridge in order to view under the countertop?  Or does anyone have a suggestion?
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    You may be able to see the stove underbelly by removing the Norcold plastic vent on the side of the trailer.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,446
    If you loosen all four clips and get them rotated just right, you should be able to simply lift the stove out of the counter pretty easily.
    I had the same four clips underneath the stove and could never get them all to grab properly (in part because the stove hole was cut rather sloppily).
    Ultimately I just installed solid wooden blocking in each corner of the hole into which the stove could be securely screwed. It was little hard attaching the blocking--IIRC I had to use an angled screwdriver from below--but I managed (photo below).
    I think later models ditched the clamps and went to blocking.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2019
    I've taken the stove top out (too) many times.
    The clips don't really work too well, especially if the hole is too large! The clip is designed to rotate a quarter turn once it's loose enough to disengage w/ the underside of the countertop, and then you can lift the stove. So once the stove lifts easily, you would stop loosening the screw. Reinstalling is the opposite, with the quarter turn to engage the bottom of the countertop.
    Someone in the forum replaced the clips/screws with permanent blocks of wood to screw into. That's what I'll do someday!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    ScottG said:
    If you loosen all four clips and get them rotated just right, you should be able to simply lift the stove out of the counter pretty easily.
    I had the same four clips underneath the stove and could never get them all to grab properly (in part because the stove hole was cut rather sloppily).
    Ultimately I just installed solid wooden blocking in each corner of the hole into which the stove could be securely screwed. It was little hard attaching the blocking--IIRC I had to use an angled screwdriver from below--but I managed (photo below).
    I think later models ditched the clamps and went to blocking.

Could you not just glue the blocks in place?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,446
    edited August 2019
    Could you not just glue the blocks in place?
    I think I did that, too--maybe installing one screw just for good measure. It was some time ago, so I'm honestly not 100% certain what I did, but it works fine and everything has stayed put. You just have to be careful when reinstalling the stove to get the screws back in the original holes.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
     I didn’t want to access thru the vent.  Instead I took out the vertical piece and used a long stick to hold the clamp in place.  It is tight now for the weekend.  I’ll follow your advice and put some blocks in...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI