Options

Exterior mold on 2018 320S plastic parts

I just went to see a 2018 320 S for sale.  I loved it, but it has been stored outdoors in a driveway in FL for its life so far.  The white plastic parts covering things like the outdoor shower, water intake, grab handle by the door, etc. are yellowed and have black mold on them.  I couldn't tell if they were cleanable or not.

How big a deal is this?  I looked in the cupboards and storage areas for water damage and didn't see any, so I think it is just exterior and perhaps just  cosmetic.

If I wanted to replace these with shiny new ones, is that expensive?

Thanks,
CB
2015 T@B U - A Sn@il's P@ce

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    With the Florida heat, I would be more concerned with the mildew you don’t see - like in the plumbing and tanks.  You may want to inquire about how they cared for the tanks.

E-
    Mail your request for a quote to:  info@missouriteardroptrailers.com.  They will contact nuCamp, get part numbers and email you a quote.  Identify the parts needed and pictures help.  

Missouri Teardrop Trailers:

www.missouriteardroptrailers.com
    590 NW State Hwy M
    Centerview MO 64019
    1-660-909-2553
    ask for Dana
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Replacement is pretty expensive. A good quality spray paint is less than $10. We painted all the white parts to match the trailer color. Three years ago and it still looks great.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    cricketbirdcricketbird Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2019
    Thanks to @Sharon_is_SAM and @Dalehelman! Updates and photos - they said they never used the shoilet and only used the sink/stove a few times.  They cleaned the exterior parts (here are some pix they sent of 1/2 dirty and 1/2 cleaned) and the plastic cleaned up pretty well - not perfect, but not terrible.  

How would I know if there is interior damage to the tanks?  Is that something an RV inspection service could check?

2015 T@B U - A Sn@il's P@ce
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    Ask them how they sanitized the system.  They should be emptying the fresh water tank regularly and sanitizing at least annually.  Did they use a filter when adding water to the plumbing?  Did they ever fill and drain the Alde water tank?  Those areas can grow algae.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Those magic eraser sponges work wonders sometimes too
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!