Options

Help!! How do I turn the water pump on and off?

Hi all.  Heading out to Santa Fe and Durango for our first T@B 320S adventure next week.  Currently have bleach in the water tank (with all of the correct valves shut thanks to the advice here).  I have a couple of questions:

1.  How do I turn the water pump on and off?  I'm assuming that it's the device behind the toilet...but I could be wrong.
2.  After letting bleach water sit overnight tonight, I plan on running the water through the sink and shower before draining the tank, refilling and repeating the process a couple of times to clear out the bleach...is that right?  I assume I will need the water pump on to do that...see question 1.
3.  Finally, once the tank has been sanitized and I put the valves back in to camping mode, how does the Alde get water into it?

I don't know how I would have learned what I now know if it wasn't for all of you great people.  Thanks again.
2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    1.  The pump rocker switch is on the SeeLevel panel to the left of the sink.

2.  Yes, turn the pump on and open your faucets enough to get the bleach water throughout your plumbing, then turn off the pump.  Let it sit in your plumbing as well as your fresh tank.  To empty, refill and drain the fresh tank - again use your pump.  You can drain clean water via the fresh tank drain as well.  

3.  Anytime you want to fill the Alde water tank, you either hook up to city water or draw from your fresh water tank by opening up your hot water faucet.  Once the water enters the Alde tank, it displaces the air in the tank.  You will see sputtering at the faucet.  Once the sputtering stops, the Alde water tank is full.  You can clear air out of the other supply lines by opening the other faucets as well.
     This may help.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/ya/65qzp597792b.pdf

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    One note regarding this process: The consensus seems to be that you should put the water heater in the bypass mode first. I will admit that I forgot to do so when I did it the first time and it doesn’t seem to have resulted in any harm, but going forward I plan to bypass it. We have a 400 with a 30 gallon fresh tank. I put a few gallons of water in first, added 1/2 cup of bleach, then filled the tank the rest of the way. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    wooperwooper Member Posts: 75
    Success....thanks all.  The first time is such a learning experience.  I know I looked at the water pump switch several times a couple of weeks ago but just couldn't remember it when I was looking for it...that's why they don't let me work at the reptile house at the zoo..."Anybody seen that rattlesnake?"
    2017 T@B 320S, 2011 2WD Honda Pilot, Coming out of The Woodlands, TX....Mark & Carolyn
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Bypassing Alde doesn't hurt when sanitizing with bleach, OTH, Alde has said it doesn't harm anything to not bypass, either way that you want works.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite