Options

Anyone Run the Air8 On a Generator Yet?

TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
I’ve tried running our Air8 while on a 2250W generator, but not having any luck.  It’s almost as if there is circuitry in the a/c unit that detects the open ground of the generator and will not allow it to start.  (I have not installed any kind of EMS system, nor do I see one anywhere in line with the incoming shore power to the converter/distribution panel.). It’s a mystery to me; the a/c will start almost all the time while plugged into shore power, but connect the generator and the a/c will not kick on.  The control panel will turn on, but the a/c itself will not come on.  Any ideas before I go make myself a bonding plug?

Comments

• Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 487
    We've run our Air8 on a Honda 2000W generator just fine.  We do have a bonding plug because we also have a EMS-HW30C surge and electrical protector which rejects the generator if no bonding plug is installed.

Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Yep on a cheapo propane generator.   2k $400 Amazon special.  

Starts and runs fine.    I didn't complete a full run but a standard 5 gallon propane tank is good for more than an overnight.....
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods