Options

Sewer Hose length

At this point I cannot claim to be an experienced T@bber. Therefore I still have a lot of questions. For example... I currently have a 15' sewer hose. Is that sufficient for most RV parks, or should I look into getting a second hose?
I'm planning a trip to the grand Canyon and I don't want to get caught short. (In more ways than one)
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have the 15’ Rhino hose and a 10’ extension. In 4 years I have needed the extension 4 times—it paid for itself. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I think it depends on the type of camping you plan on. @verna is far more seasoned, but if you are not camping at full hook up sites, then a 15’ is plenty. The trouble is in full hook up sites where the discharge point is ill placed. If you use dump stations only, then 15’ is plenty
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    Thanks, I do believe I pick up a 10' extension per Verna's advice.
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
    2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
    Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

• Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    My T@b was delivered with 10' of sewer hose. From what I'm hearing here, that is looking to be inadequate. Too bad since I've already constructed an under-platform PVC holder that just barely handles that length.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Why is it inadequate?   

I have only camped in full hook up sites a couple of times and didn't see the value in the extra $10-20 per night.    Besides the trailer is small enough that you can position it with in the camp site to reach the hook ups if it is that important too you.

I just need enough length to work at most dump stations......
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited September 2019
    My T@b was delivered with 10' of sewer hose. From what I'm hearing here, that is looking to be inadequate. Too bad since I've already constructed an under-platform PVC holder that just barely handles that length.
    I used the super cheap 10' hose that came with my T@B for three seasons. It handled dump station duty just fine, so long as I was careful to pull up close to the hole.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 45
    Friend of mine who has RV'd for years told me to get a five foot. Yes, sounds short but so far it's the only way to go. A TAB is small enough to angle into any dump. Black water first then gray and away you go without any hassle. I do carry a 10 foot extension in case. Another thing I just realized is that the black tank is so small that in the event I need to dump a five gallon bucket can be used to transfer to a pit toilet. I don't know if that is legal but I'm talking emergency only.