Options

cool cat heat pump

I tried the heat pump function of my cool cat ac. Worked awesome. Now ac works but heat pump doesn't. I assume I set something wrong. I set the screen for heating to 75 and leave it on that screen. It definitely is not 75 in the Tab. The cooling temp in the AC cooling screen is set to 60. I'm going to try setting that higher than 75 in case the logic of the controller is confused (like me most of the time). Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have not tried the heat pump of the Cool Cat as I know the propane, or electric, heating of the Alde is marvelous. The Alde just envelopes you with the heat without the noise of a fan. 

You might try the higher temp temp on the Cool Cat setting as I set the Alde at 41* in the warm summer temps, as that is the lowest the temp will go. Try the higher temp setting, but realize I have no actual experience with heating with a Cool Cat. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I'm a dummy. Even on top toe and I'm 5'10 the screen is hard to see. I set the cooling temp to 80 then in the furnace screen I set the temp to 74 then pressed the mode button again. The screen still looked the same but now it worked. I really have to either lower that controller or tilt it so I can actually see it. Small problem lol.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I want to come up with exact dimensions for a wedge for the Cool Cat display..... give me some time here...sick sister, trying to create a marvelous cherry desk for a friend, create drawers for the new F-150, and driving to nüCamp for delayed warranty work. I’ll get back to you on this.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I'm going to play around this weekend to see if it is doable. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    Tundra57 said:
    I tried the heat pump function of my cool cat ac. Worked awesome. Now ac works but heat pump doesn't. I assume I set something wrong. I set the screen for heating to 75 and leave it on that screen. It definitely is not 75 in the Tab. The cooling temp in the AC cooling screen is set to 60. I'm going to try setting that higher than 75 in case the logic of the controller is confused (like me most of the time). Any other ideas?
    There are two heat settings on the Dometic thermostat.  One is for the furnace, which is not used and won’t do anything if you select it.  The other is for the heat pump.  Make sure you are selecting the correct heat setting. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    Yes you are correct I was in the wrong screen but I couldn't see it on tippy toes. :-)
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I tilted the Dometic thermostat by  removing the cover and  backing out both screws that hold it in place.  I cut a short piece of 3/8 x 3/8 inch stock just long enough to fit under the top of the thermostat, side to side.  I got a longer upper screw and re tightened both screws. Replaced the thermostat  cover and off we go.  Kinda a redneck solution, but it works.  It pitches the thermostat just enough to make it more visable.  Does not seem to change the operation.  May actually let a better air flow to the thermostat.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    I made this wedge and it helps my Dw see the Coolcat display. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    So for a quick and dirty fix, just point a led flashlight at it. You see it in grey and black and it works in a much wider angle. Acts as the backlight.